House Price Crash Forum

Gold Coins - Once Bought - How To Sell

HOLA441
Yep...mugs game...only made 70% profit over then past 2 years...yep, I'm a real mug.

What is it about people who hate gold? (or love it for that matter.) It's just another thing to invest in because other people value it.

Edited to: correct spelling

Like houses... and people have made ever so much money from them over the same period....

HOLA442
Like houses... and people have made ever so much money from them over the same period....

Seems like a major problem with physical gold is how do you sell it for full price? How can you possibly be sure of a customers gold bar unless you melt it down and use some kind of atomic spectro graph thingy? Selling gold is never mentioned by Gold bugs instead we get 'at this price i am backing the truck up for more'. Certainly makes me wonder about the stuff.

HOLA443
Seems like a major problem with physical gold is how do you sell it for full price? How can you possibly be sure of a customers gold bar unless you melt it down and use some kind of atomic spectro graph thingy? Selling gold is never mentioned by Gold bugs instead we get 'at this price i am backing the truck up for more'. Certainly makes me wonder about the stuff.

Recognised coin that is or has been legal tender is easy to prove any dealer will take them from you for spot minus a percentage. Bar is different as you have to find a dealer that knows or sells bars from that refinery. At worst case it will cost you between £30 - £50 pound for the dealer have a melt and assay done, this is why the purchase cost of bar is normally cheaper.

HOLA444
HOLA445
Baird do there own investment bars so I'm assuming that selling these back to Baird would be more straightforward.

Baird will always accept their own bar and give you a good rate for it when you sell it back. The downside is the % that they charge on top of spot for a 1oz bar today is 9.5% compared to 7.7% on their cheapest bullion sovereigns.