House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sbn

Knife Crime In London....

Just heard it on the news - the chaces of being a victim of knife crime is lower now than at any other point in history.

GB was just shown gloating about how he's got the crime rates down.

So which one is it?

1. All those media stories about knife crime in the last few months were just to divert peoples attention from the REAL news about the state of the economy

2. The latest crime figures are a lie

Just heard it on the news - the chaces of being a victim of knife crime is lower now than at any other point in history.

So which one is it?

1. All those media stories about knife crime in the last few months were just to divert peoples attention from the REAL news about the state of the economy

I'll have a stab at it and say it's number 2.

So which one is it?

Those governing our country have got the bigest surprise coming to them in the history of the planet. That's for sure - either they believe this drivel, or they think we believe this drivel. Man oh man.

I ask myself which do I believe knows more about real crime?

a. The police

b. Sky, Daily Mail, BBC et al

Edit: And then I ask myself who is least biased

a. The police

b. People who are desperate for bad news to damage the govt.

KnifePointCrash.co.uk?

With subfolders:

"What you lookin at?"

"Gimme yur wallet"

"Knives - the best buy?"

"Straight to the point" (general discussion)

Those governing our country have got the bigest surprise coming to them in the history of the planet. That's for sure - either they believe this drivel, or they think we believe this drivel. Man oh man.

Im still stunned by this - I cant beleive thaey have had the audacity to release these figures. All I can think is that they have found something even more sensational to smokescreen the approaching sh1tstorm.

Maybe the aliens have landed and are just holding off releasing the news long enough to clear their good name re crime figures.

..and here the good news.....

THE MARTIANS ALL WANT NEWBUILD SLAVEBOXES!

I mean just ****ing unbeleivable!!!

Knife Crime In London...., IS DOWN 16% YOY

Of course it is. Most of the culprits have already stabbed each other. We're watching evolution at the cutting edge.

Blimey I wonder how many stabbings weren't sensationalised by the media last year then :o

****ing none - thats how many.

I would mind betting that the following was said not that long ago.

"I want EVERY SINGLE STABBING reported front page. -in 2 months time I want everyone thinking that every youth with a hoodie is carrying a blade"

the only reliable crime stat is murder rate. Is the murder rate up or down - particularly in London?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7511192.stm

It shows there were five million recorded crimes. All the main categories were down, including violent crime and sex offences, but drug offences were up 18%, gun crime was up 2% and murder was up 3%.

in fact the murder rate is up. Therefore I conclude the "drop in crime" is entirely fictitious - rather like our economy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7511192.stm

in fact the murder rate is up. Therefore I conclude the "drop in crime" is entirely fictitious - rather like our economy.

UP 3%

Coincidentally, I have noticed an increase of column inches dedicated to knife crime of amost exacly 3%.

you can hardly pick out a story about knife crime in between all the drug crime articles 18% more of them!

A "drop in crime" - where the crime is less spectacular than a murder - can easily be attributed to the public becoming jaded at the prospect of reporting yet another crime that will not be solved.

It depends how old you are. Despite the large increase in knife crime being carried out by young people on other young people, for the rest of us it has reduced.

A "drop in crime" - where the crime is less spectacular than a murder - can easily be attributed to the public becoming jaded at the prospect of reporting yet another crime that will not be solved.

yes exactly or just not recorded by the Police to make their figure look better to meet Government targets but it is pretty difficult to hide a body.

With subfolders:

"What you lookin at?"

"Gimme yur wallet"

"Knives - the best buy?"

"Straight to the point" (general discussion)

"The Sharp End"

We talk to the experts.

"The Sharp End"

We talk to the experts.

"Why are forks so undervalued?"

The shameless spinning continues relentlessly. This is one totally discredited government, desparate to conceal hard facts. No doubt a significant portion of the population will believe these seemingly ludicrous claims. but even so, the game is up. I believe too many people will now realise we are are governed by a gang of rogue, inveterate liars for them to have any future as a credible government.

I would mind betting that the following was said not that long ago.

"I want EVERY SINGLE STABBING reported front page. -in 2 months time I want everyone thinking that every youth with a hoodie is carrying a blade"

You don't know how close you are to the truth.

I remember reading popbitch.com many months ago (before the current media frenzy), and one of the posters posted words to the effect of:

"Expect a government initiative aimed at knife crime in the coming months.... there's going to be a big campaign about it..."

Then out of the blue, front page news that every youth London is a knife-wielding assassin.

Turns out that the facts don't match the hype.

I have tried to find the original post using one of the internet archiving services but have had no success.