House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eastleighfan

Them Phones Ain't Ringing

I was in an EA , in April 07 , when I moved out of my house to rent a flat . It was fairly brisk with phones frequently ringing

On Monday , I was in the main office again , to see what homes they have for rent ,because I want to move in with my girlfriend . I was there for about for 15 minutes , during that time , no one came in and no phones rang .

It reminds me of that quote , no idea where it comes from that goes "one day , the phones just stopped ringing"

I was in an EA , in April 07 , when I moved out of my house to rent a flat . It was fairly brisk with phones frequently ringing

On Monday , I was in the main office again , to see what homes they have for rent ,because I want to move in with my girlfriend . I was there for about for 15 minutes , during that time , no one came in and no phones rang .

It reminds me of that quote , no idea where it comes from that goes "one day , the phones just stopped ringing"

A poignant description of a failing business. In most other walks of life it would be sad...

For someone out to buy a house the silence is sweet music.

Quote comes from a day in the early 1990s when part of the US telecom network collapsed for a while, exposing extent of reliance upon communications technology.

Suspect that if someone cut some sub-Atlantic internet cables, most of the readership on this forum would be truly shafted. ;)