House Price Crash Forum
Darkman

Immigrant Dwellings Without Planning - Who's Stopping Them?

I viewed a "flat" today for rent in Hillingdon, and it soon sank in I was looking at a garage conversion, with access through someone elses kitchen! I kid you not. This shoddy backgarden new build took the p***.

These little dwellings are spreading through Slough also. I believe the media covered it recently? I suppose the root of the matter is, people from countries where living in squalor is the norm wouldn't bat an eyelid at poor conditions such as this. In comparison it's almost luxury.

But my question is, who the hell is doing something about it?

You can't live in a log cabin 12 months a year, or a yurt. Yet if you live in largely immigrant areas like Slough, you can do as you please it seems.

I'm just stating what I see with my own eyes.

One rule for some, and another rule for others. The majority can't live on the cheap, so why should a minority be allowed?

I viewed a "flat" today for rent in Hillingdon, and it soon sank in I was looking at a garage conversion, with access through someone elses kitchen! I kid you not. This shoddy backgarden new build took the p***.

These little dwellings are spreading through Slough also. I believe the media covered it recently? I suppose the root of the matter is, people from countries where living in squalor is the norm wouldn't bat an eyelid at poor conditions such as this. In comparison it's almost luxury.

You can't live in a log cabin 12 months a year, or a yurt. Yet if you live in largely immigrant areas like Slough, you can do as you please it seems.

One rule for some, and another rule for others. The majority can't live on the cheap, so why should a minority be allowed?

Wrong question.

Why should the majority be stopped?

Is more pertinent.

Surely you wasnt looking to buy?

If that was the only access, I'll give odds of 100-1 that the "flat" is not legal development.

Phone your local council and ask for the planning enforcement officer. Tell them that you suspect that the building is being used as a self contained dwelling.

Then phone Gordon Brown and tell him that Slough Council require more funding as they are unable to control the growth of illegal dwellings.

edit: edit u to concil.

Edited by Timm