House Price Crash Forum

Phil Spencer

HOLA441

Veeerrry slick.

VERY LAST YEAR.

Location x3 looks so dated dontchathink?

The TV presenter,who, will run old VT of these shows in 23years time,and rip the piss out of them, is being born............................

NOW!

I will thankfully be around to see it.

*Snaps phone shut*.

HOLA442
Veeerrry slick.

VERY LAST YEAR.

Location x3 looks so dated dontchathink?

The TV presenter,who, will run old VT of these shows in 23years time,and rip the piss out of them, is being born............................

NOW!

I will thankfully be around to see it.

*Snaps phone shut*.

Especially after 15 years of house price deflation.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

"‘Vulture fund’ is a term cropping up more frequently, although I doubt we will sink to the depths seen in the US where tour buses are apparently operating to show where all the repossessed houses are."

Though I'm sure you and Krusty would be queueing up to drive those buses given the opportunity Phil.....!

HOLA448
On Phil and Krusties property show on More 4 they claim that UK house prices have fallen by 6.3% in the last 12 months. Bit low I think...

I'm watching it on Sky Plus now.... yes, I'm wasting some of my own gigabytes on it. Knowing something about TV production, I'm not 100% confident that this whole programme was made in one go, but the K+P links from Chelsea Harbour look like they were shot in the depths of winter.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Some of it was October 2006, I think it said.

I'm watching the More4 pile of w@nk with Kirstie's sister (I wouldn't marry her, I wouldn't want a "relationship" with her, but I would, if you know what I mean). I think the P+K bits were filmed months ago, but other elements were shot more recently. The six point something figure sounds like the most recent 3-month average Halifax figures.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Its the media wot did it!...tosser :angry:

I for one won't miss Mr Spencer sitting with his victims in some posh cafe while he snaps open his phone and says 'it's the vendor' (pause to build up tension) 'yes....mmhmmm....yes, that's right....yes....well thank you very much' (snaps phone shut. Cut to hopeful faces of victims) 'I'm pleased to say...the vendor's accepted your offer!' (cut to victim woman doing that stupid 'hands over mouth' thing that all tellie dimwits do during the 'money shot') 'Oh my god, that's fantastic! Thank you so so much!' (kissing Phil with his smug look). 'Cheers mate, nice one' (male victim gives Phil a manly handshake and pat on back).

Urgh......

HOLA4413
I for one won't miss Mr Spencer sitting with his victims in some posh cafe while he snaps open his phone and says 'it's the vendor' (pause to build up tension) 'yes....mmhmmm....yes, that's right....yes....well thank you very much' (snaps phone shut. Cut to hopeful faces of victims) 'I'm pleased to say...the vendor's accepted your offer!' (cut to victim woman doing that stupid 'hands over mouth' thing that all tellie dimwits do during the 'money shot') 'Oh my god, that's fantastic! Thank you so so much!' (kissing Phil with his smug look). 'Cheers mate, nice one' (male victim gives Phil a manly handshake and pat on back).

Urgh......

and krustys body starts to shake as the quickening takes hold.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Edited by dirge

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Guest X-QUORK

Very nicely described. In these days of house price deflation they should consider changing the format somewhat, Phil sitting at the vendor's kitchen table with vendors:

Phil reaches to his bluetooth earpiece and says "It's the buyer" (pause to build up tension) "yes...mmmhmmmm...ah...oh....christ.....yes, I think they'll probably accept that, yes...they are desperate...ok thanks Mike." (Terminates call with the button on the side of his Lt Uhuroo earpiece. Cuts to the pleading eyes of the pale vendors. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire heartbeat sound effect playing.) "You've asked for £280k for your average 3 bed semi in Slough...our vendor offered....and I have to say I think this is a good offer you should think about...prices round here are plummeting...they offered...and bearing in mind the credit crunch..." "Just tell us Phil, how bad is it?!" - Phil smiles and turns to the camera "let's find out after the break!"

HOLA4417
Very nicely described. In these days of house price deflation they should consider changing the format somewhat, Phil sitting at the vendor's kitchen table with vendors:

Phil reaches to his bluetooth earpiece and says "It's the buyer" (pause to build up tension) "yes...mmmhmmmm...ah...oh....christ.....yes, I think they'll probably accept that, yes...they are desperate...ok thanks Mike." (Terminates call with the button on the side of his Lt Uhuroo earpiece. Cuts to the pleading eyes of the pale vendors. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire heartbeat sound effect playing.) "You've asked for £280k for your average 3 bed semi in Slough...our vendor offered....and I have to say I think this is a good offer you should think about...prices round here are plummeting...they offered...and bearing in mind the credit crunch..." "Just tell us Phil, how bad is it?!" - Phil smiles and turns to the camera "let's find out after the break!"

LMFAO!!!!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Guest sillybear2
I'm watching the More4 pile of w@nk with Kirstie's sister (I wouldn't marry her, I wouldn't want a "relationship" with her, but I would, if you know what I mean).

Buy a house with her? like "buy with a friend", right? :blink:

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Guest sillybear2
This was the last in the current series, right? Why was it a revisited? Couldn't they get anyone else to take an interest in pwoperdee in spring 2008? Or maybe all the applicants mentioned that they were expecting a 40% discount in the current market!

:lol:

The filming of their 'Revisited' programmes has recently ground to a halt due to 'technical reasons' :-

"New laws coming into force today will give greater protection to "have-a-go heroes" who challenge burglars or other criminals.

It will mean that members of the public who tackle criminals are unlikely to be prosecuted if they can show they acted instinctively or because they feared for their safety."

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA4424

Urgh......

sounds a pretty normal description of any house buying. Except you have to phone yourself normally. Whats the prob exactly?

Im not sure what the prob with K+P is they seem to pretty accurately reflect whats going on. Plenty of warnings about prices have been mentioned in the (few) up to date episodes. Some people still need to buy a house. Its all very normal. Which is the problem I have with the show. Its just a bit dull isnt it? And it's a format that repeats very badly as time goes buy. Not only has the economic climate moved on but a dull everyday transaction watched for the 2nd time... Zzzzzzzzz.

HOLA4425

http://www.garrington.co.uk/South_of_France/

And his South Of France page needs updating as well.

Anyone with 500,000€ or more to spend on a property down there will have the EA's fighting for their business (before they go bust) and a great selection of properties to choose from. Well worth trying to negotiate at least 20% off the published price.

He really should be telling it like it is............... :lol: