House Price Crash Forum

Barratts In Trouble

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I am currently renting on an estate being built by Barratts. There are a huge number of unsold houses and flats. Now, their figures for the first six months were pretty bad, and they announced job cuts a couple of weeks ago. As far as I noticed, the first six months in the house market were not too bad. I imagine that a lot of the completions in that time, were booked towards the end of 07. Can you imagine what the figures are going to look like for the second six months of this year?????????

Incidentley, I was talking to a letting agent the other day, and she told me they are about to recieve instructions to let 20 four bedroom houses that were all in the same road. I asked if it was Barratts who were letting them, because they could not sell them. She said No, all 20 were bought buy a London buyer as an investment. I think they were about 250k each!!

HOLA444
I am currently renting on an estate being built by Barratts. There are a huge number of unsold houses and flats. Now, their figures for the first six months were pretty bad, and they announced job cuts a couple of weeks ago. As far as I noticed, the first six months in the house market were not too bad. I imagine that a lot of the completions in that time, were booked towards the end of 07. Can you imagine what the figures are going to look like for the second six months of this year?????????

Incidentley, I was talking to a letting agent the other day, and she told me they are about to recieve instructions to let 20 four bedroom houses that were all in the same road. I asked if it was Barratts who were letting them, because they could not sell them. She said No, all 20 were bought buy a London buyer as an investment. I think they were about 250k each!!

What part of the country is this? I'm guessing from your name it might be Derby!

HOLA445
What part of the country is this? I'm guessing from your name it might be Derby!

I wish it was. It is Corby though. Have just returned from 18 years in Ireland, and this is where I ended up because of work. Should be moving on soon though.