House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mini28

Where Should I Live?

I have read this forum for months and this is my first post and was hoping you could help me. I have got a new job which is a 10 minute walk from Tottenham court road and I need somewhere to live and was hoping that anyone would recommend an area?

I am looking for a property in the north to rent in a village location that is within 40-50 minute commute to Tottenham court road , lower than £1000 per month, with a garden and walking distance to train station. Any Suggestions?

I am going to have to get a dog walker to visit in the day. I think I have looked at every single place outside London and this was my short list in order:

1. Milton Keynes Central (a village near Milton Keynes although I do not know the area and the plus side is that the trains are frequent)

2. Hemel Hempstead (Not sure of the good parts)

3. Berkhamsted

4. Tring (Too expensive and trains only go twice an hour)

5. Leighton Buzzard (could not see anywhere to walk dog)

6. St Albans (seems expensive)

7. Cheddington (Not sure about this one, never been there, sounds nice .. if a bit cheesy)

8. Drive into Watford Junction (not sure about traffic or areas please help)

PROGRESS SO FAR: Sorry if I am moaning:

I have encounted really rude EA in Leighton Buzzard and Tring, I went down to do a reckie last week. For some unknown reason I was treated very badly and like a complete idiot they sent me to some really doggy areas on foot, they said oh... its only a 10 minute walk and I ended up walking for 1 hour. One EA judged me by my appearance as I look young... therefore, my day trip was spent looking around doggy areas and remained fruitless. Tring was nice but I was given a calculator by the rental lady with a small sum and asked if me and my partner earned over this... I nearly got angry and thought so I have not had too much of a good experience so far... wondering if anyone would be able to help... Just because I don't dress in bloody Gucci does not mean I don't have the rental money! LOL

Edited by mini28

A former colleague of mine lived in Leighton Buzzard and found she was able to reach our old office near Totenham Court Road within about 45 minutes door to door (she did live right next to the station). As for agents being rude, just be rude back to them and criticise the shit they are offering. They seem to think they can treat tennants like shit half the time but I refuse to look at a rental place if they don't come as well so I can point out its shortcomings. They should have plenty of time on their hands since their sales arms aren't doing any business right now.

I have read this forum for months and this is my first post and was hoping you could help me. I have got a new job which is a 10 minute walk from Tottenham court road and I need somewhere to live and was hoping that anyone would recommend an area?

I am looking for a property in the north to rent in a village location that is within 40-50 minute commute to Tottenham court road , lower than £1000 per month, with a garden and walking distance to train station. Any Suggestions?

I am going to have to get a dog walker to visit in the day. I think I have looked at every single place outside London and this was my short list in order:

1. Milton Keynes Central (a village near Milton Keynes although I do not know the area and the plus side is that the trains are frequent)

2. Hemel Hempstead (Not sure of the good parts)

3. Berkhamsted

4. Tring (Too expensive and trains only go twice an hour)

5. Leighton Buzzard (could not see anywhere to walk dog)

6. St Albans (seems expensive)

7. Cheddington (Not sure about this one, never been there, sounds nice .. if a bit cheesy)

8. Drive into Watford Junction (not sure about traffic or areas please help)

PROGRESS SO FAR: Sorry if I am moaning:

I have encounted really rude EA in Leighton Buzzard and Tring, I went down to do a reckie last week. For some unknown reason I was treated very badly and like a complete idiot they sent me to some really doggy areas on foot, they said oh... its only a 10 minute walk and I ended up walking for 1 hour. One EA judged me by my appearance as I look young... therefore, my day trip was spent looking around doggy areas and remained fruitless. Tring was nice but I was given a calculator by the rental lady with a small sum and asked if me and my partner earned over this... I nearly got angry and thought so I have not had too much of a good experience so far... wondering if anyone would be able to help... Just because I don't dress in bloody Gucci does not mean I don't have the rental money! LOL

And the Eas you met were the nice ones.

Scum, every last one of them.

(except the nice ones here, of course) :P