House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
detached

Dutch Auction - Hpc Live

They will give up and end the ad, just like the other chap doing this did.

Secondly, why advertise such an auction on gumtree. Ok, it's free so worth a try, but it doesn't target enough people!

similar thing happened 3 years ago in Edinburgh. Asking price was upped by 20k from the original sale price the seller wanted to achieve when it was on at the local EA The price was then reduced 1k each week with lots of newspaper coverage. After 18 weeks the seller quitely removed the flat/house from the market because of a lack of interest ;p

This flat was orginally bought in at the end of 2002 for 75k, IMHO and the buyer paid too much then :P

http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=M21+8FH&n=100

Graph shows the 28 sold prices in M21 8FH over the past 8 years, how do you spell ceiling price?

M218FH.jpg

post-552-1216221374_thumb.jpg

Edited by moosetea

similar thing happened 3 years ago in Edinburgh. Asking price was upped by 20k from the original sale price the seller wanted to achieve when it was on at the local EA The price was then reduced 1k each week with lots of newspaper coverage. After 18 weeks the seller quitely removed the flat/house from the market because of a lack of interest ;p

This flat was orginally bought in at the end of 2002 for 75k, IMHO and the buyer paid too much then :P

Graph shows the 28 sold prices in M21 8FH over the past 8 years, how do you spell ceiling price?

Hi moosetea,

An interesting chart - the ceiling price dates back to 2004. Around the same time I joined hpc as I had seen prices of properties in Chorlton and surrounding areas being bid up to what I thought then were unsustainable levels

To be fair, the flat in the advert is not excessively overpriced in the current market. It's in a good part of Chorlton and is a similar price to flats in far less desirable areas.

It's ultimate value - It depends on the rental value as we should see private landlords picking up those sort of properties ( If FTBs cannot get mortgages ) - If it rents for £500pcm and the landlord is looking for 10% gross rental yield value is around £60k.

If you want an example of ludicrous pricing look here Beech Road, Chorlton £700k !!!!

It would still be expensive if prices halved!

M21er

Interessting graph , shows I think that prices pretty much topped out in 2005..... I wonder what will happen in areas where the boom did not continue well into 2007 (there are plenty of them).... it may well be that house prices look very different in the crash by region as they did last time.... certainly thats how I feel for all sorts of reasons.

I wonder what would happen on these auctions if someone did it traditionally but on ebay (going up) .. I think I saw something about a divorcee doing something similar with his entire posessions... house, cars, garden tools etc... they all went for something like $200,000.... fresh start he said.