House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
redgenieuk

Crash Evidence Locally..... It Is Starting Here At Last

Despit little bits of evidence on how the market is going, nothing really shows up round here; I knwo there are plenty of BMV sharks around; I know there are people who just can't sell. But it wasn't making for a crash.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-165...=6&tr_t=buy

The EA rang me and basically said the woman was desperate to sell this place. It is on at 190K, it sold in 2006 (new) at just under 200K. The EA said they would take 180K.

Only 10% from 2006 prices, but a nice start. Plus she hasn't got it yet. I think it will sell for 140K in the end. She has already got somewhere else, so 2 mortages is a big incentive to sell!!!!

TIMBER!

Despit little bits of evidence on how the market is going, nothing really shows up round here; I knwo there are plenty of BMV sharks around; I know there are people who just can't sell. But it wasn't making for a crash.

The EA rang me and basically said the woman was desperate to sell this place. It is on at 190K, it sold in 2006 (new) at just under 200K. The EA said they would take 180K.

Only 10% from 2006 prices, but a nice start. Plus she hasn't got it yet. I think it will sell for 140K in the end. She has already got somewhere else, so 2 mortages is a big incentive to sell!!!!

TIMBER!

Ha! No crash in Swansea, this one's been on for over a year (tower coming closer to completion, flipper coming closer to a change of underwear)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-176...=1&tr_t=buy

TIMBER!

don't over estimate the power of these BMV sharks, they needed access to cheap and readily available credit. That's choked off now and what with imput and exit costs and having to come up with 25% dippers, buying into a falling market is pretty dumb atm. Before they plagued on folk desperate to sell in a rising or static market; repos, folk about to go abroad....not quite the same landscape now and there are far too many players chasing the same 'good' deals...

TIMBER!

jeez, 4 ded detached for 180K! and you want it to go lower, you greedy ba5tard ;)

She has already got somewhere else, so 2 mortages is a big incentive to sell!!!!

TIMBER!

This seems to be quite endemic, that people decide they're buy a new house and put in the offer AND get the loan before sorting out house number one. ;)

I've spoken to my parents about this before and they tell me they've "lost" houses in the past when they couldn't get a chain together and they had a shaky time 10 years ago or so and considered a bridgeing loan and although my dad had a LOT of equity and a very secure job (and grown-up children by then) he still really, really, really did NOT want to do it and thankfully didn't have to. But it seems people don't think twice about that now.

I see, I want. :(

TIMBER!

Why is that area is so cheap? That house would be easy £100k more where I am. (Yorkshire Aire Valley)

This seems to be quite endemic, that people decide they're buy a new house and put in the offer AND get the loan before sorting out house number one. ;)

I've spoken to my parents about this before and they tell me they've "lost" houses in the past when they couldn't get a chain together and they had a shaky time 10 years ago or so and considered a bridgeing loan and although my dad had a LOT of equity and a very secure job (and grown-up children by then) he still really, really, really did NOT want to do it and thankfully didn't have to. But it seems people don't think twice about that now.

I see, I want. :(

in a rising market none of these issues matter

An EA phoned me yesterday to say that a property that I might be interested in has been reduced from 190K to 180K. The fact that an EA is phoning me and there is a price reduction indicate to me that the roller coaster is just starting to gather momentum.

don't over estimate the power of these BMV sharks, they needed access to cheap and readily available credit. That's choked off now and what with imput and exit costs and having to come up with 25% dippers, buying into a falling market is pretty dumb atm. Before they plagued on folk desperate to sell in a rising or static market; repos, folk about to go abroad....not quite the same landscape now and there are far too many players chasing the same 'good' deals...

The trouble is the BMV sharks do not seem to be choked off - that is what we all thought. They are still very active around here.

Someone is providing them a credit line, I just don't know who it is.

jeez, 4 ded detached for 180K! and you want it to go lower, you greedy ba5tard ;)

lol..... yes but this is south lincolnshire! Average salary is about 17K!

Why is that area is so cheap? That house would be easy £100k more where I am. (Yorkshire Aire Valley)

Poor roads. Poor scenery. High council tax (one of the areas the goverment recently capped). No Jobs, unless you want to pick strawberries or potatoes, or pack them. or put them in Mayo. Or drive a forlift with pallets of them in mayo onto a lorry.

I think that sums it up.

Oh and I suppose there is plenty of land really.

£190,500 ???

£140,000 ??

£110,000 ?

depends on how much you can take on a future 9 or 12% interest rate with your strong employment prospects.

Quite.

IF ONLY RATES WOULD GO UP! PLEASE! PLEASE PLEASE!

An EA phoned me yesterday to say that a property that I might be interested in has been reduced from 190K to 180K. The fact that an EA is phoning me and there is a price reduction indicate to me that the roller coaster is just starting to gather momentum.

That is a good point. This EA got rid of 4 out of 6 people not so long ago, so the fact that these two have nothing to do says something also!

Blimey - looks good value at £190,000 even in todays market I would have thought - is it built on a flood plain or something !

Its in the fens.

ALL the fens is one BIG flood plain.

Trouble is it is a floodplane for the sea. When it comes in finally, it will not be going out again anytime soon.

£375,000 for a 2 bed flat in swansea!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I know.

The banks going to wish they hadn't given an advance on that one.

Oh and the rest of the block.