House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
detached

Iva 'dividends' Shrinking Fast

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13431

£16,800 to repay over 42 months to clear a debt of £70,000. That's a 76% write off !!!

Won't be long before IVA ads claiming 80% write off reappears ..... and this time they won't get done by the Advertising Standard Authority for misleading claims.

And guess who ranks amongst the most 'sympathetic' creditors when it comes to writing off debt ..... Yep the People's Bank aka Northern Rock.

IVA providers - the new miracle sector of Brownomics !! Time to invest in Debt Free DirectI say

Apparently my mum's ex neighbour says he has never been so much better off since becoming bankcrupt. What I can't understand is that there is equity in the house he is trying to sell. Rumours are that his wife has left him and it is she who would receive any monies remaining after the mortgage is settled.

A friend had an IVA set up - and he'd have to pay about 50% of the money to the IVA company (plus they take all the additional silly expenses they like) - so debts are repair at an appallingly low payback level. However he's had advice from the CAB since and there's one option for him - bankrupcty - so now the iva company gets nothing.

A friend had an IVA set up - and he'd have to pay about 50% of the money to the IVA company (plus they take all the additional silly expenses they like) - so debts are repair at an appallingly low payback level. However he's had advice from the CAB since and there's one option for him - bankrupcty - so now the iva company gets nothing.

Hurray! :rolleyes:

Apparently my mum's ex neighbour says he has never been so much better off since becoming bankcrupt. What I can't understand is that there is equity in the house he is trying to sell. Rumours are that his wife has left him and it is she who would receive any monies remaining after the mortgage is settled.

His wife could be in for a shock. Matrimonial settlements are all snatched back even those settled by the courts 5 years prior to bankruptcy . Bankruptcy law is all powewful. beware.

If i wasnt so honest and hard working and brought up in a nice household,

I also would run up appalling debts and then gone bankrupt.

Whats to lose??

Look at: MSE Debt Free

Everyday about another 10 posts with people that have over £100,000 in debt and going bankrupt.

Even a case of £140,000.....

At my current budget level that would take me 10 years doing nothing to spend....im sure i could spend it quicker though if i never had to pay it back...

Only wish i was on the same train rather than saving to watch it get inflated away and nothing to show for it, no home, no assets, and a deteriorating pile of paper...

GREAT!!!

F**KING LABOUR!!

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13431

£16,800 to repay over 42 months to clear a debt of £70,000. That's a 76% write off !!!

Won't be long before IVA ads claiming 80% write off reappears ..... and this time they won't get done by the Advertising Standard Authority for misleading claims.

And guess who ranks amongst the most 'sympathetic' creditors when it comes to writing off debt ..... Yep the People's Bank aka Northern Rock.

IVA providers - the new miracle sector of Brownomics !! Time to invest in Debt Free DirectI say

Accuma would be a good bet, way over sold!