House Price Crash Forum
JohnnyB

'rent Now Buy Later' Housing Plan

'Rent now buy later' housing plan

It's the usual nonsense Government policy to prop up stamp duty revenues with some ludicrous scheme to allow you to buy 25% of a matchbox or something, you can read it yourselves.

However, the Beeb seems to have to throw this falsehood into every housing market story it covers these days:"First-time buyers have been among the hardest hit by the credit crunch."

ARRRRGGHHH!

Do these numpties not understand that the credit crunch has saved first time buyers from endless ramping and a lifetime of debt slavery?? Most FTBs I know (myself included) are glad the crunch has come along to restore some sanity. I think i'm going to write an angry letter to them.

'Rent now buy later' housing plan

It's the usual nonsense Government policy to prop up stamp duty revenues with some ludicrous scheme to allow you to buy 25% of a matchbox or something, you can read it yourselves.

However, the Beeb seems to have to throw this falsehood into every housing market story it covers these days:"First-time buyers have been among the hardest hit by the credit crunch."

ARRRRGGHHH!

Do these numpties not understand that the credit crunch has saved first time buyers from endless ramping and a lifetime of debt slavery?? Most FTBs I know (myself included) are glad the crunch has come along to restore some sanity. I think i'm going to write an angry letter to them.

That's not spin, it's a statement of fact. First time buyers who are actively looking to buy at the moment (the lunatics) have been hard hit by the credit crunch. Whether they should be looking to buy now, or whether FTBs two years from now will be better off is another matter.

That's not spin, it's a statement of fact. First time buyers who are actively looking to buy at the moment (the lunatics) have been hard hit by the credit crunch. Whether they should be looking to buy now, or whether FTBs two years from now will be better off is another matter.

The BBC definition of FTBs being hit hard is stuff like, "Now they have to have at least a 10% deposit!!". As if saving a deposit to buy a house is some sort of deviant behaviour that the mortgage lenders are forcing poor FTBs to perform for their sadistic pleasure. The fact is that there isn't really a credit crunch, credit conditions are returning to normal, from a period of excessively loose credit.

Maybe HPC.co.uk could set up its own freelance thinktank. We'll sort out problems for anyone who pays us, but we'll demand the money first so NuLab and NuTory can't get us to just agree with their policies.

Already discussed here: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=82297 FWIW, here's what I said.

"I can't really see a problem with this........... unless you are legally bound to buy a share after x number of years; which I suspect you are. Otherwise the headline would be:

"Unused housing stock to be used for renting"

This is going to be a legal nightmare when the point where a share has to be bought has been reached, and the tenants still haven't got a pot to piss in.

Just how many more hair brained schemes can this government and developers come up with? "

How can you legally be obliged to take part in a future contract with no knowledge of your future employment or health?

I don't know how they'll work that. Maybe inventing a new tenancy style.

How can you legally be obliged to take part in a future contract with no knowledge of your future employment or health?

I don't know how they'll work that. Maybe inventing a new tenancy style.

This, as I have stated before, is a legal nightmare in the making. Anything, but let the market correct itself and to keep this bubble inflated.

This, as I have stated before, is a legal nightmare in the making. Anything, but let the market correct itself and to keep this bubble inflated.

They do seem to be determined not to let it sort itself out.

I would be tempted to sign up for this only if I wasn't tied into the buying part.

It would enable you to have some security of tenure to wait for the bottom of the market to pan out, then

I would go buy somewhere else cheaper.

Unfortunately I bet these contracts would have more strings than a fishing net.