House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Shedfish

Home Owners Get Legal Right To Defend Themselves

well there ain't many 'homeowners' about so that's the elite protected.

Guest xeouialp
lol iam going to buy a rocking chair and shot gun, turn the lights off, leave the door open and wait.

If I'm ever burgled I'm going to tie him up and tickle him till he begs for relief.

For example, homeowners would be able stab or shoot a burglar if confronted or tackle them and use force to detain them until police arrive. Muggers could be legally punched and beaten in the street or have their own weapons sued against them.

So it is now legal to shoot or stab someone so long as it's in your home and not in the street? A bit like smoking then.

Who'd be a meter reader or 'Hovis Witness when this gets enacted.

Does this come from the Ministry of Enacting New Laws That Are Exactly The Same As The Old Ones?

Seriously. Nothing new here at all. Redundant legislation.

Absolute rubbish.

Nothing new at all.

Whats next? The Lets All Drive on the Left Hand Side of The Road Act 2008?

Muggers could be legally punched and beaten in the street or have their own weapons sued* against them.

Sounds good to me :)

* typo as on site. Is it me or do internet site journalists need spelling lessons?

Great, I'm gonna spec up my improvised acid/flame-thrower. Fu*k the burglars and their glib fuzz friends, the make big mistake if they threaten my space.

So it is now legal to shoot or stab someone so long as it's in your home and not in the street? A bit like smoking then.

Who'd be a meter reader or 'Hovis Witness when this gets enacted.

im just waiting for a bailiff to creep into an open front door....

Does it only apply to labour politicians?

As I understand it MPs will have the right only to defend their main home . .

Not yet as tough as Texas self-protection laws - the legal right to shoot anyone who is threatening your property, eg home or car. I once went shooting with a Texas security instructor who told me about the right to kill, pre-emptively in some instances, and the police tolerance of it in Texas. A while later a drunken Scotsman was shot dead through thr glass of a Texan's (Houston) locked front door - his "crime" was to do what he might do in Scotland on New Year's Eve and stagger drunkenly up to the wrong door, thinking it was his house, grumbling incomprehensible (at least to a Texan) nonsense. No charges for the shooter, he was entitled to feel threatened and shoot apparently :o

Not yet as tough as Texas self-protection laws - the legal right to shoot anyone who is threatening your property, eg home or car. I once went shooting with a Texas security instructor who told me about the right to kill, pre-emptively in some instances, and the police tolerance of it in Texas. A while later a drunken Scotsman was shot dead through thr glass of a Texan's (Houston) locked front door - his "crime" was to do what he might do in Scotland on New Year's Eve and stagger drunkenly up to the wrong door, thinking it was his house, grumbling incomprehensible (at least to a Texan) nonsense. No charges for the shooter, he was entitled to feel threatened and shoot apparently :o

in texas you can shoot intruders even in your garden.

its great.

i lived there for 8 years. one thing there wasnt was huge amounts of kifeings, gun crime or house burgulary.

people behaved.

its great.

i lived there for 8 years. one thing there wasnt was huge amounts of kifeings, gun crime or house burgulary.

people behaved.

Not much fun if you are a vacation relief-cover gardener for a gardening company, which has not issued you with a uniform yet, I imagine

its great.

people behaved.

I like living in Britain - I don't want to see us turned into Texas. They execute lots of people there, many are innocent, and a disproportionate number are black.

And they are hot for people like George W Bush

sfunny, but this government forced through a 100bn or whatever project for renewing Trident.

Now the only reason for trident is that you and your enemy beleives that you will KILL them if they try to burgle your country.

SO this government beleives in the principle, gangs beleive in the principle in protecting their turf, yet deny this same right to ordinary people.

Indeed, ordinary people have to suffer the added injustice of being prosecuted bythe Authorities, suffering usually many months of stress and harrasment, sometimes years, jut because they have "assaulted" or damaged in some way the transgressor.

Ridiculous.

I'm going for a cross bow and if they change the law to make the ilegal then it's time to break the law.

A state that does not trust it's people can not be trusted itself and since god gave us the right to defend ourselves then who has the right to stop us.

Now we have to lobby for at least the right to lawfully possess equipment for home defence such as, CS, pepper spray and Tazer type weapons. Frankly if somebody wishes to enter my home for the purpose of robbery or worse I want to make sure I have something with more stopping power than a rolled up copy of the Times to defend my family.

Not much fun if you are a vacation relief-cover gardener for a gardening company, which has not issued you with a uniform yet, I imagine

Then agin, you probably know the law. After all, we're discussing it here. The US ius a different culture and people living there know that you don't go poking around other peoples property without permission.