House Price Crash Forum

Estate Agents Offices Closing In Whitley Bay

Other half works in Whitley Bay (North east coast). An EA office closed (Reeds - Rains, I think) a couple of weeks ago and today Halifax ceased trading at noon!

Edited by 6538

Rubbish! With coastal erosion, there is a lack of supply of seaside properties :lol:

With that in mind. Does anyone from round here know of the old radio station at the end of Norma crescent? It was sold a few years back after being renovated into a huge pad - went for something like 700K and it's on the end of a f*ckin cliff!

With that in mind. Does anyone from round here know of the old radio station at the end of Norma crescent? It was sold a few years back after being renovated into a huge pad - went for something like 700K and it's on the end of a f*ckin cliff!

I mentioned it in the Northeast thread as well, Clark Residential has closed its shop on the coast road (southern part of Jesmond) and Sarah Mains have completely removed the pictures of properties in the windows on the Osborne Road office and it now says:

"SARAH MAINS - AUCTION HOUSE COMING SOON".

That shop aint big so if they will be holding auctions it will be for...quite a small crowd.

* Sarah Mains is a big local EA.

** Clark Residential is a local agency as well I believe, quite small, now even smaller probably (if they have any other offices at all, that is).

I mentioned it in the Northeast thread as well, Clark Residential has closed its shop on the coast road (southern part of Jesmond) and Sarah Mains have completely removed the pictures of properties in the windows on the Osborne Road office and it now says:

"SARAH MAINS - AUCTION HOUSE COMING SOON".

That shop aint big so if they will be holding auctions it will be for...quite a small crowd.

* Sarah Mains is a big local EA.

** Clark Residential is a local agency as well I believe, quite small, now even smaller probably (if they have any other offices at all, that is).

Sarah mains is only 5 offices according to a thread the other day.

I don't know if anyone has noticed but Keith Pattinsons are now on Rightmove - they must be desperate to get as much exposure as possible.

Front page of the local rag today says that, in fact, 3 agents have closed over the past 3 weeks. Adamsons shut up shop last week.

At one a week I don't think there'll be any left by this time next month.