House Price Crash Forum

Geoge Bush Has His ' George Bailey ' Moment

When the president of the united states says don't panic you would expect it to be the lead story at least. Strangely, Bush's habitual air of mild incompetance may be helpful at this point- it's impossible to take him seriosly even when the stakes are this high.

It's been a difficult time for many American families who are coping with declining housing values and high gasoline prices. This week my administration took steps to help address both these challenges. To help address challenges in the housing and financial markets we announced temporary steps to help stabilize them and increase confidence in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

To help address the pressure on gasoline prices, my administration took action this week to clear the way for offshore exploration on the outer continental shelf. It's what's called OCS. Congress has restricted access to key parts of the OCS since the early 1980s. I've called on Congress to remove the ban.

It was also an executive prohibition on exploration, offshore exploration. So yesterday, I issued a memorandum to lift this executive prohibition.

ad_icon

With this action the executive branch's restrictions have been removed, and this means that the only thing standing between the American people and these vast oil resources is action from the U.S. Congress.

Does anyone know if there is oil in the OCS??? Or is bush saying if we look we might find some?

Two thirds of the planet is covered by ocean so statistically there is potentially a huge amount of oil out there.

Problem has always been locating it and, more importantly, being able to get to it - depth is a problem for one, storms are another as is the occasional 100 foot wave. Hence why they have been so keen to drill in Alaska, now the Antarctic also and probably around the Falklands in time.

Sadly, this is a typical Oil Man mentality reaction. Instead of investing billions in hydrogen fuel cells and having some kind of Marshall Plan for hydrogen fuel his immediate gut instinct is to drill for more oil.

We've been having suicide penguin bombers 50 years from now.

I happened to witness the bank run in Midland, Texas, one time. I'll never forget the guy standing in the bank lobby say, "Your deposits are good, and we've got you insured. You don't have to worry about it, if you've got less than $100,000 in the bank."

What was Dubya doing in the bank? Surely he wasn't withdrawing his deposits?

Bush is an oil man why would he want to invest in hydrogen?

I think that's his mates in the democrats.

I wonder if there's much camaraderie in a bank run queue? Here's a song the sheeple can sing together during the coming stampede.

No need to run and hide, its a wonderful, wonderful life
This is where I want to be

In a place I can call mine

In a place I can call mine

Link3

Now click here and enter PURE SHORES in the box. (My company's registration details).

Link 4

Edited by Dave Spart

Guest anorthosite
Two thirds of the planet is covered by ocean so statistically there is potentially a huge amount of oil out there.

Not true - oceanic crust is the youngest of all crustal material on the planet and is unlikely to have much, if any.