House Price Crash Forum
AvidFan

Roubini Of Nyu Says It's A Systemic Failure!

Hopefully somehow I'll manage to hang onto my cash until everything hits bottom, then I won't feel so bad about house prices...

I was begining to feel bad about having quite a bit in property including my own home, then I comforted myself becasue I cancelled out everything else (fortunately very tax efficiently) when the market was still north of 6,200. I suppose its the classic swings and roundabouts.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
seems to be something wrong with the sound. Anyone else have a problem with it????????

Yep, no joy on a Mac, I have VLC, Windows Media Player, Real Player and Quicktime with Flip4Mac (paid version).

Tried using 'curl' to download the link to a local file to play - no joy.

Tried on the G4 and Intel machines, no sound.

Had to....winces......watch it on Windows in a virtual machine.

Yep, no joy on a Mac, I have VLC, Windows Media Player, Real Player and Quicktime with Flip4Mac (paid version).

Tried using 'curl' to download the link to a local file to play - no joy.

Tried on the G4 and Intel machines, no sound.

Had to....winces......watch it on Windows in a virtual machine.

weired sound, like he swallowed the mike and is trying to belch it up.

weired sound, like he swallowed the mike and is trying to belch it up.

Probably low bandwidth, digital sound and pictures don't degrade gracefully as the signal flow reduces.

Worse than the S&L crisis and the LTCM crisis...

S&L is nothing compared to what the central banks and their banker chums have foisted on the economy and neither is the LTCM crisis.

I know. I think I'll go and listen to some Leonard Cohen for a little light relief:

Cool ;)

****** ME RAGGED.

Now that's bearish.

Hundreds of banks insolvent, regional banks insolvent, 20% off stock market, everyone needs to go bankrupt asap or the whole system is sunk...... :ph34r:

FDIC will run out of money to pay compensation to depositors. Yikes.

At least, according to Gordon Brown, we are better placed to weather the storm than other countries. All things being relative.

Worse than the S&L crisis and the LTCM crisis...

S&L is nothing compared to what the central banks and their banker chums have foisted on the economy and neither is the LTCM crisis.

They have butt sexed themselves, CBs apart from the ECB are the only ones able to move.

Bloody .mac account - I'll post the soundfile somewhere

Damn. Still doesn't work for me.

Edit: Damn, you edited as I replied.

Damn!

Edited by macfarlan

Interestingly Roubini said Bernanke should forget about inflation and focus on preventing a depression.

Maybe Bernanke has it more right with his 2% bank rate than the ECB. This could be the moment we see the Euro start to turn.

Interestingly Roubini said Bernanke should forget about inflation and focus on preventing a depression.

Yep, that was definately the "interesting bit". Well, the whole "sod inflation, that'll get sorted soon enough anyway regardless of what we do" side of it.

Damn. Still doesn't work for me.

Edit: Damn, you edited as I replied.

Damn!

New link should work now

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Mount Everest is about as tall as a mountain on Earth can grow before the lower rock layers succumb to their own plasticity under the mountain's weight.

Like every mountain the debt mountain will collapse under it's own weight.

New link should work now

Thanks DYIV. What happened to the mutant panda? Edit: Wierd, just been on a PC and your old avatar was showing. Could be cos I didn't log in. ?

Roubibni - That's serious. "It's a waste of tax payers money to bail out the rich and connected on wall street, Shareholders are insolvent and should be wiped out, corrupt and inefficient management should be removed, bond holders should take a haircut"

"In a normal recession equity prices fall 30%, this is gonna be much worse, they'll go further down sharply"

"Inflation is the last thing they should be worrying about"

SH.

IT.

:ph34r:

Edited by macfarlan

Thanks DYIV. What happened to the mutant panda? Edit: Wierd, just been on a PC and your old avatar was showing. Could be cos I didn't log in. ?

Roubibni - That's serious. "It's a waste of tax payers money to bail out the rich and connected on wall street, Shareholders are insolvent and should be wiped out, corrupt and inefficient management should be removed, bond holders should take a haircut"

"In a normal recession equity prices fall 30%, this is gonna be much worse, they'll go further down sharply"

SH.

IT.

Tin hats on and stock the cupboards!

SH.

IT.

What should they/we be worrying about? deflation