House Price Crash Forum
Injin

Police Called In To Tame Angry Indymac Customers

http://cbs2.com/business/IndyMac.Finance.P...a.2.770438.html

Police Tuesday were called in to tame an angry throng of IndyMac Bank customers trying to pull money out of the Encino branch on the second day of a federal bank takeover.

At least three police squad cars showed up early Tuesday as tensions got heated outside the San Fernando Valley branch of Pasadena-based IndyMac.

Federal regulators seized Pasadena-based IndyMac on Friday and they opened Monday under the control of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.

Deposits to $100,000 are fully insured by the FDIC.

Ohh dear.

Someones going to end up getting "whacked" over this debacle?

You know what the yanks are like. If they get really pi55ed off out come the firearms.

Edited by OLDFTB

what were they angry about? couldnt they get their tuppence out to feed the birds?

I strongly suspect that those queing where the depositors with more than $100k. When the news gets out that you can lose money by putting it in a bank - like it really can happen - like no really - no sh1tting - they will wake up and there will be panick.

HAL

I strongly suspect that those queing where the depositors with more than $100k. When the news gets out that you can lose money by putting it in a bank - like it really can happen - like no really - no sh1tting - they will wake up and there will be panick.

HAL

Yes I think you are right there....

and if they do have over 100,000, will they ever see any of it again ?

Anyone foresee a strong possibility of it happening over here, not too far down the line ?

My elderly mother has money in Barclays (over 35k), and I keep nagging her to shift it.

I really am beginning to think I am not being over concerned.

Yes I think you are right there....

and if they do have over 100,000, will they ever see any of it again ?

Anyone foresee a strong possibility of it happening over here, not too far down the line ?

My elderly mother has money in Barclays (over 35k), and I keep nagging her to shift it.

I really am beginning to think I am not being over concerned.

My advice is to buy some insurance on any bank deposit. Not 100% sure that the insurance company will divvy up though but better to have a third party for little money I guess.

When are they going to put tanks in front of the banks.

Having said that the constitution allows individuals to purchase anti-tank weapons.

Perhaps the founding fathers knew what they where doing after all.

My advice is to buy some insurance on any bank deposit. Not 100% sure that the insurance company will divvy up though but better to have a third party for little money I guess.

thanks, I didn't think of that.

yes I can see premiums for such, increasing rapidly as the insurance companies see the increased risk, because of the poor state of banking now.

So where would you buy said insurance?