House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thecrashingisles

Rightmove Getting Desperate For People To Cut Their Prices

The winner of euphemism of the day goes to this quote from http://www.rightmoveattraction.co.uk/

"Making key changes to the price... had a direct impact on us finding a buyer"

Mrs L. How, Essex

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

They must be really desperate to shift some properties.

Edit - There's more:

Prices are declining, so check out what's going on around you. Sellers who do their research and price ahead of similar properties in their area greatly increase their chances of finding a buyer.

http://www.rightmoveattraction.co.uk/price.html

Edited by thecrashingisles

The winner of euphemism of the day goes to this quote from http://www.rightmoveattraction.co.uk/

Edit - There's more:

I think step one is the only part of that with any significance right now.

EDIT: I think what they really want to say is "For gods sake you morons, cut the effing price!"

Edited by JohnnyB

Edit - There's more:

The UK economy is now running along on one wheel, and that's about to come off as well. So few people seem to see this though.

Is right move privately owned? How do they make there money, click throughs?

I wonder how resilliant the are to the massive reduction in sales that is going on. Its got to be hitting them hard.

I wonder how resilliant the are to the massive reduction in sales that is going on. Its got to be hitting them hard.

I think the EAs pay them a subscription fee. However, with EAs going bust left, right and centre they need to get sales going through in order to maintain their business model. I'm sure one of our EA members could enlighten us further.

As far as I can tell they will also be making money on 0845 / 0870 numbers that link you from their site to the phone number of the selling agent. The selling agent will usually have a local number, so rightmove will be making a few pence per call by diverting the interested party via their own number. Possibly.

Just look at rightmove group's shares, which have gone from a 52 week high of 630 to a 52 week low of 222. Right now they are trading at 220.

With mortgage approvals down 50% year on year, buyers are thin on the ground. However, there are still buyers out there who are ready to buy, so price right and you'll sell your home…

Find out more

With 15 sellers for every buyer, it's vital your home sets itself apart from the rest. You only get one chance to create that all-important first impression, so make sure your home gets noticed...

Find out more

========================

wow

And that's over a period when they've bought back 11 million of their own shares. The real decline is even bigger.

:lol::lol::lol:

They might need to sell some more again! :P

Guest happy?

........With 15 sellers for every buyer, it's vital your home sets itself apart from the rest.....

Is this what they mean by a buyers' market?

Rightmove have a near monopoly in the property portal market, no other company comes close. They now claim to list 90% of available properties in the uk.

The reason their share price is slipping is not so much down to their own performance, more the market they are in, and general stock market malaise with a sliding economy. Rightmove charge over £400 per month to a single agent to list any number of properties, take a typical town and they will have most of the market subscribing, not including the letting agents (roughly half to advertise). So they have a sound business model and are adding 'bolt ons' to gain more money from their existing client base - mainly because they have nigh on run out of new prospects to farm.

What they are now doing is trying to assist their customers (the ea's) in marketing to help get houses shifted. They are going the more positive route than scare mongering and talking the market down, hence the origiginal post.

The entire housing market is grinding to a complete halt.

Surely you mean

'The housing market remains steadfast with sturdy foundations, we are observing forward movement within the temporal lateral monetary shism, which potentiates the housing markets ability to stabilise, flexibilise and economise'.

:lol:

how many times?!

Rightmove are not an estate agent. They receive a listing fee, and would have thought that if anything, they'd want as many properties sticking on their web sit as possible.

Their business model depends on their customers, the EAs, staying in business.