House Price Crash Forum

Bernanke Riddlefest Part 96

HOLA441

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...refer=worldwide

Bernanke Abandons Assessment of Lessening Growth Risk (Update1)

By Craig Torres and Scott Lanman

July 15 (Bloomberg) -- Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke said risks to both U.S. growth and inflation have increased, abandoning officials' June assessment that threats to the expansion had ``diminished somewhat.''

There are ``significant downside risks to the outlook for growth,'' and ``upside risks to the inflation outlook have intensified,'' Bernanke said in semiannual testimony on the economy to the Senate Banking Committee.

Bernanke's shift reflects renewed turmoil in markets that forced the Treasury and Fed to mount a rescue of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac this week. He said that stabilizing financial markets remains ``a top priority,''

The Fed chief spoke less than two hours after government figures showed that the economic boost from U.S. tax rebates began to fade in June and inflation pressures increased. Stocks and the dollar slid.

HOLA442
HOLA443

This is standard political speak if you speak with enough gibberish language no one has a clue what it is your saying and the sheeple think you are incredible clever and more importantly know what your doing.

Obviously to the non-sheeple the above just brings up wtf???

Lawyers are experts at this phenomenon although there abilities pale into insignificance when compared the elite of this the Sir Humphrey's.

HOLA444
HOLA445
Its laughable how both he and Merv can over complicate a very simple concept with their inane ramblings.

On top of that they have been proved to be consistantly wrong over the last few years.

I wouldn't like to play him at scrabble, I know that much.

HOLA446

Ah - the obfuscation oracle. String lots of adjectives together, chuck in some positive - negatives. Say it all fast enough and the listener will not be able to process what is being said quick enough to be coherent on what was said but won't admit to it for fear of looking stupid.

Edited by RajD

HOLA447
HOLA448

it is sadly all just a form of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophistry something that people on this site should be all to familiar with by now.

the format in the specifics of bernanke are as stated to use the sophistic methodology to convince the easily led and the stupid into thinking that something of substance has just been said but that they just dont seem to able to process it in "real time", end of story.

the dollar system is broken, there debt (fannie etc) was all they had left to sell and now that is in the crapper the last bubble will/is burst/bursting (bonds) and then the repatriated inflation will go to hyper levels.

HOLA449
I wouldn't like to play him at scrabble, I know that much.

i find the downside risk of raising a good numerical advantage against the current incumbent of the Federal reserve during a leisure persuit engaged in the placement of Words onto a fixed and finite domain area, a top priority as said incumbent would have a an upside chance of having a greater range of placements potential than i would.

Is that what you meant?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
I think it means "you remember what I told you last month about not cutting interest rates any more? Er....well maybe I will, maybe I won't"

I wouild like to hear him say the truth: look chaps, theres no more filthy Lucre, so make do and mend, so there you are, run along now!

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
What like I've just made a pact with the devil and everything will be OK, although my arsehole will burn for eternity in hell.

you are right, that curry house near the fed is ACE

HOLA4416
i find the downside risk of raising a good numerical advantage against the current incumbent of the Federal reserve during a leisure persuit engaged in the placement of Words onto a fixed and finite domain area, a top priority as said incumbent would have a an upside chance of having a greater range of placements potential than i would.

Is that what you meant?

Triple word score!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

My problem with Merv is he has no balls. What's the point in saying the above and not having the guts to stand up and say if this continues it will end in complete disaster and it will all be Brown's fault.

He probably doesn't say this because he quite likes his £290K a year salary for being a very good lapdog.

The above merely proves how negligent he really is. He was in a position to do something instead he choose the easy option and did nothing and became the perfect yes man.

HOLA4422
My problem with Merv is he has no balls. What's the point in saying the above and not having the guts to stand up and say if this continues it will end in complete disaster and it will all be Brown's fault.

He probably doesn't say this because he quite likes his £290K a year salary for being a very good lapdog.

The above merely proves how negligent he really is. He was in a position to do something instead he choose the easy option and did nothing and became the perfect yes man.

Who was it that asked Merv that time 'was he his own man ?' I wonder what a polygraph would have shown?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Is that what he said yesterday?

Might as well have been.

Seriously, I watched.

I saw the lips move.

I heard words.

But what went into my head was some stature-free guy saying the patient is now terminally sick & beyond all hope

Anyone else have that experience?

It's happened to me quite a few times. It isn't just in the eyes, I need to see the whole face. The lie fades into the background & I feel the truth..........(The anger management needs to be on full too!)

Yeah OK, I'm weird