House Price Crash Forum

Why is noone reporting on Allsop auction currently underway tday and 17th??

~600 properties under the hammer

http://www.auction.co.uk/default.asp?Auction=R

Hi

You can view the bidding here

Personally, I've not had time recently to set up the Live Auction threads as there's a lot of preparation in extracting the data from the auction website and then pulling in the data from the HousePrices.co.uk

It would be great to do another one soon but I unfortunately holiday and a new contract will prevent me from running anytime soon ....

Regards

M21er

lots 164 & 165 look interesting.

http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=50+lime+walk+oxford

1 25/08/2006 £225,000 Flat L Yes Map 50, First Floor Flat, Lime Walk, Headington, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 7AE

2 25/08/2006 £230,000 Flat L Yes Map 50, Ground Floor Flat, Lime Walk, Headington, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 7AE

3 05/12/2005 £475,000 Semi F No Map 50, Lime Walk, Headington, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 7AE

4 26/09/2001 £175,000 Semi F No Map 50, Lime Walk, Headington, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 7AE

sold 175,000 in 2001.

sold 475,000 in 2005.

convereted to 2 flats and sold for 455,000 in 2006

Now both flats up for auction for guide 90-100,000 each.

http://www.auction.co.uk/Both/LotDetails.asp?Dir=B

Still you can't go wrong with bricks and mortar, can you?

Lot 137, 85 Fernhead Rd, London, W9

Rental income £4446 gross, sold for £145,000

85a, Fernhead Road last sold 14/12/2006 for £247,000

London prices holding up well!

lots 164 & 165 look interesting.

http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=50+lime+walk+oxford

1 25/08/2006 £225,000 Flat L Yes Map 50, First Floor Flat, Lime Walk, Headington, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 7AE

2 25/08/2006 £230,000 Flat L Yes Map 50, Ground Floor Flat, Lime Walk, Headington, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 7AE

3 05/12/2005 £475,000 Semi F No Map 50, Lime Walk, Headington, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 7AE

4 26/09/2001 £175,000 Semi F No Map 50, Lime Walk, Headington, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 7AE

sold 175,000 in 2001.

sold 475,000 in 2005.

convereted to 2 flats and sold for 455,000 in 2006

Now both flats up for auction for guide 90-100,000 each.

http://www.auction.co.uk/Both/LotDetails.asp?Dir=B

Still you can't go wrong with bricks and mortar, can you?

Wow excellent find. I used to live near there. Can't believe the prices are back to 2001 level. Looks like a BTLer bought both flats at the same time in 2005. :lol: No sympathy!! :angry:

The developer lost money on the conversion too.

Edited by Oxfordite

Wow excellent find. I used to live near there. Can't believe the prices are back to 2001 level. Looks like a BTLer bought both flats at the same time in 2005. :lol: No sympathy!! :angry:

They sold for a bit more than I thought they would, I don't know oxford rents anymore, but a quick recky on 291,000 would need about 900/month on each flat to break even. Sounds a bit high to me, but as I say, I don't know oxford anymore.

What is amazing is the increase from 2001 to 2005, sometimes we forget those years and think the main boom was the past few years, but for it to increase from 175,000 to 475,000 in 4 years is just ridiculous and it makes me wonder just how far some places are going to fall.

The developer lost money on the conversion too.

:P

They sold for a bit more than I thought they would, I don't know oxford rents anymore, but a quick recky on 291,000 would need about 900/month on each flat to break even. Sounds a bit high to me, but as I say, I don't know oxford anymore.

What is amazing is the increase from 2001 to 2005, sometimes we forget those years and think the main boom was the past few years, but for it to increase from 175,000 to 475,000 in 4 years is just ridiculous and it makes me wonder just how far some places are going to fall.

:P

If they're decent flats near to the hospital, then 900 / month might be achievable. If you can get a mortgage at 6.5%, then that'll cost you ~ 800 / month in interest, so you've got a decent bit of headroot on the rent. That price is probably fair value tbh; bit steep perhaps, but not bad. 2001 prices would do me just fine!

They sold for a bit more than I thought they would,

Do you mean in the past? They haven't come up for auction yet, have they?

Edited by Oxfordite

Lot 13 Sold for £270,000

Houseprice.co.uk 25/06/2004 £344,250 Flat L Yes Map 25 Eastern Quay Apartments, Flat 58, Rayleigh Road, Newham, London, Greater London, E16 1AX

London prices are holding well! Only 20% off 2004 prices.

Edited by insidetrack

340 lots so far

109 = Available (32%)

39 = Withdrawn (11%)

22 = Sold Prior (6%)

170 = Value against it (50%)

So, on the whole not good but not as bad as other recent auctions.

Edit, 5 instead of %, now corrected.

Edited by REP013

Yes, but how many that were sold reached the guide price?

According to a quick look - 127

So

Sold = 127 (assuming they have to reach the guide price) or 37%

Unsold = 43 (below guide) or 13%

The rest as per my post above ... happy now ;)

Geniunely surprised by all the buyers todays -interesting !

There will be folk snapping up the bargains 'before the credit start flowing again....cos it will soon'.

Don't forget that the HPCer is still a relatively rare breed.

Only when total calamity hits in a couple of years with no sign of turning out nice again, will the majority get the message.

O.K. Sad git that I am ...

I have taken the properties that sold and a sample of 10 in each bracket, top, middle and bottom against selling price.

Unfortunately I couldn't find all properties and in this case have used what I assume to be next door so not exact.

Summary - CARNAGE

Those in RED sold below their last price (or their neighbours).

O.K. Sad git that I am ...

I have taken the properties that sold and a sample of 10 in each bracket, top, middle and bottom against selling price.

Unfortunately I couldn't find all properties and in this case have used what I assume to be next door so not exact.

Summary - CARNAGE

Those in RED sold below their last price (or their neighbours).

Thanks for doing all this, Repo. Very interesting stuff.