House Price Crash Forum

The $2 Quid...

Moo

The pound has been hovering around the $2.00 mark for ages and both are locked in a nose dive so keep an eye on the pound against the euro.

Trashing the value of a curency did nothing to help Zimbarwi or 1930's Germany and what i think we are seeing is the results of globalization were India, China, Russia will all gain against wester currencies and America can not bomb it's way out of that one.

Guest Mr Parry
What would you like to use a model country? China?

1. Overpriced houses crashing in Shanghai and in fact in most of Asia now.

2. 200 million employed with 900 million still in poverty.

3. Inflation at 8.3% and rising. Tame for Asia in fact, India has 12% inflation, Vietnam 25%, Indonesia 11%...

4. Communism rules!

5. Capital markets correcting by over 50% and still falling...

6. 6% of China's GDP is spent on fuel subsidy, just so the economy can continue to function. We only spend 7.6% on healthcare in this country!

7. For every 1% rise in the value of the yuan, Chinese company profits fall by 4%. They now look to Malaysia and other countries for even cheaper labour to balance their books.

8. Rising oil prices killing the get-rich-quick export model.

9. Chinese government printing yuan to buy US treasury debt to suppress the currency, causing even more inflation.

Do you want a longer list?

Name me a country and I can damn it to hell...

Thanks for making my point. The rest of the world is in dire trouble as well.

In times like these, don't be surprised to see Sterling used as a safehaven. I know . . . crazy?

3. Inflation at 8.3% and rising. Tame for Asia in fact, India has 12% inflation, Vietnam 25%, Indonesia 11%...

4. Communism rules!

6. 6% of China's GDP is spent on fuel subsidy, just so the economy can continue to function. We only spend 7.6% on healthcare in this country!

7. For every 1% rise in the value of the yuan, Chinese company profits fall by 4%. They now look to Malaysia and other countries for even cheaper labour to balance their books.

9. Chinese government printing yuan to buy US treasury debt to suppress the currency, causing even more inflation.

Bit o/t, but what do you reckon to Russia's prospects?

The pound has been hovering around the $2.00 mark for ages and both are locked in a nose dive so keep an eye on the pound against the euro.

Trashing the value of a curency did nothing to help Zimbarwi or 1930's Germany and what i think we are seeing is the results of globalization were India, China, Russia will all gain against wester currencies and America can not bomb it's way out of that one.

europe looks like its trashed, so does the states, so does britain. asia will be in freefall shortly according to many pundits. what does that leae us, south america?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtm...C-mostviewedbox

The fingerprint is taken as an image scan as you put it on a little window at passport control (no ink) and they take a digital picture of your face.

Visa waiver still in force as long as your passport has the little chip in it or it has the machine-readable writing with chevrons in it at the back. This is 99% of all UK passports. Only those who had one issued abroad a few years ago (posted there or had one stolen) may have a problem. Many embassies abroad now issue the digital ones.

Yep, Went to Vegas in April. Was a really slow process being cleared through security control as 5 planes landed at the same time. Took one hour to get through to baggage re-claim :(

Was $2 dollars to the nugget then as well, still came back with naff all though :lol:

4. Communism rules!

OK - ummmm..............how about Botswana?

Interesting article in last week's Moneyweek. They were arguing that the £ was in fact the worst currency in the world. Even worse than the dollar. It's a difficult one this as the $ is toast, the pound (some say) 20%-30% overvalued (not sure if that's against another overvaluled currency or wheat/oil/gold etc,.) Eurozone growth is slowing (see last weeks manufacturing figures) so the Euro should weaken. Due to UBS the Swizzie may weaken, and if commodities pull back (as they will - short term- during a global slowdown) then the commodity currencies will weaken (Aussie, Kiwi, Loonie (Can), BRIC etc,.).....................where's a chap to put his money these days?? <_< Zimbabwe it is then!! :lol::lol:

Maybe this is the begining of the crack up boom as Von Mises penned it.........we are no longer seeing fiat as a safe haven...........could it be the barbarous relic that shines oh so bright may be the currency of choice again......the currency that dare not speak its name on HPC :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: