House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cells

Niceeeee

Wow.

And I thought I'd got a bargain getting a 4 bed setached in Yarm for £650.

hutton village to yarm is kensington to bagdad

was speaking to a friend in northallerton at the w/e - her brother does up barns for a living - bought one for £475k earlier in the year and spent £80k doing it up - valued last week at.......................£385k

wow. they must be like 'property developers'.

they saw it on.............tv.

i hope you gloat loads. tell them its 220k next year - if the're lucky plucky.

wow. they must be like 'property developers'.

they saw it on.............tv.

i hope you gloat loads. tell them its 220k next year - if the're lucky plucky.

this is a serious property developer who has had it too easy for the last few years - until recently that sort of barn would have gone for £700k plus up there - i think complacency set in!

i didn't gloat but did make it absolutely clear that the days when people were given the money to buy at those prices have gone and they aren't coming back

Wow.

And I thought I'd got a bargain getting a 4 bed setached in Yarm for £650.

if you have a spare room you can get 350pcm in yarm. £4000+ a year tax free for your deposit when you buy.

i assume you have kids, in your situation i would rent out 2 of the rooms, should get you 7-8k pa tax free. in 5 years thats 40k plus interest whick will probably pay for a 30% deposit on a good house at the bottom in 5 yeats time. those 5 years may not be easy but will make your life after that v.easy with a tiny mortgage. rent to girls if you think having a guy would not be suitable with a wife n kids

Edited by cells

this is a serious property developer who has had it too easy for the last few years - until recently that sort of barn would have gone for £700k plus up there - i think complacency set in!

i didn't gloat but did make it absolutely clear that the days when people were given the money to buy at those prices have gone and they aren't coming back

something about swimming and nakid

So that would value it at what?....maybe 180k to 200k.

You would find it difficult to get a 4 bed in hutton village for sub 500k afaik

I nearly bought a house at the peak then found this site, now rent a similar house to the one above in Northallerton with 2 mates for £205PM each. Saving as much as I can, and hope to buy around 11/12 with as little mortgage as possible for a FTB

This site has saved me a life time of debt and been a slave to the banks - Cheers :D

*edit for pictures*

small1.jpg

small2.jpg

post-12295-1216068849_thumb.jpg

post-12295-1216068860_thumb.jpg

Edited by Max0

I nearly bought a house at the peak then found this site, now rent a similar house to the one above in Northallerton with 2 mates for £205PM each. Saving as much as I can, and hope to buy around 11/12 with as little mortgage as possible for a FTB

This site has saved me a life time of debt and been a slave to the banks - Cheers :D

*edit for pictures*

Did no one tell you renting is dead money!!!! get yourself a mortgage, that is alive money!!

if you have a spare room you can get 350pcm in yarm. £4000+ a year tax free for your deposit when you buy.

i assume you have kids, in your situation i would rent out 2 of the rooms, should get you 7-8k pa tax free. in 5 years thats 40k plus#

I( thought rent-a-room is £4250 taxfree per dwelling - can you really split the allowance over 2 taxpayers? (I doubt it)

I( thought rent-a-room is £4250 taxfree per dwelling - can you really split the allowance over 2 taxpayers? (I doubt it)

yes but you can charge them council tax/water/electric/tv/gas

so the rent might be £4250 (not sure) but you can offset other things

so you might say charge £500pm which is £6k pa. of that you can say £1300 is council tax, £1300 gas/electric, £1400 other so the actual "rent" your charging would be £2k pa, well below the tax level.

Guest xeouialp
One where two bedrooms use the same bathroom as an en-suite, it has a door from each room going into it

Sounds quite disgusting.