House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
VedantaTrader

Jim Rogers Hits The Nail On The Head Over Fannie+freddie

I always find the reaction or surprise by the interviewers really funny. Sometimes you even hear them snigger in the background (ditto for Peter Schiff).

It's as if they are so immersed in the US media spin that they are offered a different paradigm from a guy who has been calling it correct for at least the last 10 years, but can't get their heads around it - and can't argue against it at the same time. It's like they've been indoctrinated by Harvard, VI's etc,. and have little independant thought (although I'm sure v quite intelligent). Always makes me chuckle at their US centric view of the world (soon to be shattered I'm sure).

I always find the reaction or surprise by the interviewers really funny. Sometimes you even hear them snigger in the background (ditto for Peter Schiff).

It's as if they are so immersed in the US media spin that they are offered a different paradigm from a guy who has been calling it correct for at least the last 10 years, but can't get their heads around it - and can't argue against it at the same time. It's like they've been indoctrinated by Harvard, VI's etc,. and have little independant thought (although I'm sure v quite intelligent). Always makes me chuckle at their US centric view of the world (soon to be shattered I'm sure).

Yep, for sure. Jim Rogers has been about for a while. A PP said he was upset because he was short investment banks, but he has been short for a few years. So he got in when CITI was 60 USD and when Fannie and Freddie were 10 times higher. I m sure he is not so upset...

I heard a presenter before say, but you should be happy the USD is down as you benefit from that as you are short. Jim Rogers replied with, There is a difference from being right about something and knowing what is bad policy. He said he could adapt to any market condition to make money. If the fundamentals for the USD were good he would be long.

He has been about since 1970, and made 4200% in the difficult markets of the 1970's. Its about adpating to different conditions...but Rogers knows this is not good for US citizens, but what can do to stop it. He just adapts, simple. Legendary investor. Soros said he could do the work of 6 analysts in a day.

I saw an interview on bloomberg with a middle aged woman fund manager who said the banks had no money- she's the only person I've ever seen on tv to have just said it out loud in that simple way.

What was interesting was the reaction of the interviewer, he kind of 'froze', as if he was trying to avoid any suggestion that he in any way endorsed her comment. I think a lot of the sniggering being done by interviwers is not incredulity, but a kind of anxiety reaction when someone publicly says the 'unsayable'

I saw an interview on bloomberg with a middle aged woman fund manager who said the banks had no money- she's the only person I've ever seen on tv to have just said it out loud in that simple way.

What was interesting was the reaction of the interviewer, he kind of 'froze', as if he was trying to avoid any suggestion that he in any way endorsed her comment. I think a lot of the sniggering being done by interviwers is not incredulity, but a kind of anxiety reaction when someone publicly says the 'unsayable'

Did she happen to have blond hair. From Oppenheimer company?

His comments about inflation around the 6:30 mark are brilliant. Something along the lines of...

"Most governments don't lie about inflation anymore because they can't. The UK has come out and said inflation is at its highest since 1986 and they are one of the governments that usually lie about it. You know it's bad when they come out and say that."

Guest sillybear2
Legendary investor. Soros said he could do the work of 6 analysts in a day.

There probably are six other Soros' out there that blew up, but you never hear about those guys.

On the home page VDO links. Jim Rogers gives for me quite an amusing interview. FED bailout will be an "unmitigated disaster"

....for him, because....

he's not happy because he's short the gse's

I like his comments about governments not bothering to lie about inflation anymore. He suggested the UK government were usually one of the biggest ar2eholes culprits in this department.

....for him, because....

I hardly think so since he was short when FReddie was at 65 USD. They are now 7 USD, thats a 1000% return,hardly an "unmitigated disaster" :lol: ...So what if they went up from 4 USD to 8 USD. He doesnt think the intervention will work anyway. Hes aid if they go up he will be shorting them again...