House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tomlad

Discrimination

I am a white English Athiest 25 year old male. I feel like my section of society is discriminated against....discuss.

Yeah, I felt like that when I was 25 too.

Now I have been in work for a few years, paid off the student loans etc, I no longer feel that way - just recognise that almost every other segment of society has some massive chip on their shoulder that our blairite victim culture enlarges to the point in engulfs their lives. Sooner you recognise that you have one of those developing the better...

Guest Skint Academic
I am a white English Athiest 25 year old male. I feel like my section of society is discriminated against....discuss.

Don't worry, you're not going to be 25 for long.

removed the line that could sound offensive, which was a joke that stuffed up. Sorry Tomlad.

Why?

It was suposed to a joke, a bad one it seems No offence to the origianal poster. Next time I'll make it a funny one. I could try the Gordon Brown tombstone tread.

"Here Lies Gordon Brown" So it's still business as usual then

Well I'm a black Moslem 45 year old visually impaired lesbian smoking female in a wheelchair, Greenpeace Member and organiser of W.A.R (Women Against Rape), unemployed and unemployable, and I'm sick and tired of hearing young white males with their whole lives ahead of them complaining about their own inadequacies.

What about those starving women in Darfur, unable to feed their kids and constantly being raped etc, husbands machine gunned in front of them and their huts burned down? These are the people with real problems (and me) so get a life and get out there - you have to be in it to win it!

Well I'm a black Moslem 45 year old visually impaired lesbian smoking female in a wheelchair, Greenpeace Member and organiser of W.A.R (Women Against Rape), unemployed and unemployable, and I'm sick and tired of hearing young white males with their whole lives ahead of them complaining about their own inadequacies.

What about those starving women in Darfur, unable to feed their kids and constantly being raped etc, husbands machine gunned in front of them and their huts burned down? These are the people with real problems (and me) so get a life and get out there - you have to be in it to win it!

An excellent point well made. I am aware that in the grand scheme of things I am very lucky. but does that mean I shouldn't stand up for my self?

Our health system is far better than that in ethiopia...does this mean we shouldn't try an improve the NHS?

Edit - just for information...I work hard for a living and don't expect to be given anything for free.

I'm not talking about discrimination with regard to benefits etc. More with regard to beliefs etc.

For example, on multiple occasions I have been patronised for being an Athiest, talked down to, called a "heathen" etc. If I followed a faith nobody would dare do this. I don't have a problem with people questioning my opinions. My problem is with the fact that I am not allowed to question other peoples opinions.

Another example. At work female members of staff can wear what they like (including trainers, t shirts and sleeve less tops. I am forced to wear a tie, despite the fact it poses a H&S risk (I operate revolving machine tools).

I don't see how you are discriminated, even though you may feel you are. In discrimination you have to be in minority that is weak, diferent, dangerous or vulnerable. You give the impression you're none of these, in fact well placed in this society.

You are 25 years old that is not too old or too young

You are an Athiest so you haven't got a troublesome religion to defend or worry about.

I dont think your section is discriminated but focused on and the object of expectations which are difficult to fulfil

I don't see how you are discriminated, even though you may feel you are. In discrimination you have to be in minority that is weak, diferent, dangerous or vulnerable. You give the impression you're none of these, in fact well placed in this society.

You are 25 years old that is not too old or too young

You are an Athiest so you haven't got a troublesome religion to defend or worry about.

I dont think your section is discriminated but focused on and the object of expectations which are difficult to fulfil

Can an athiest not defend his right to believe there is no God?

Can an athiest not defend his right to believe there is no God?

Of course he can. B, if you are believer than you have more to uphold than his non-entity. Anyway if somebody doesn't like the fact that you're an atheist, it's their problem not yours

Guest Skint Academic
For example, on multiple occasions I have been patronised for being an Athiest, talked down to, called a "heathen" etc.

I normally reply at this point with a smile and a wink saying "Better believe it baby!".

Be glad that you are an atheist. It makes things easier for you overall and saves you money. It sounds like the ones patronising you for being a heathen are the insecure ones. The more you try and figure out whether there is a god or not, the more sure you can be of your answer and the more this comes across when talking to the religiously afflicted.

As for wearing a tie at work, it is unfair. But hey, at least you're getting paid more than the women at work and in 8 years you'll still have a job because they aren't worried about you going on maternity leave.

I normally reply at this point with a smile and a wink saying "Better believe it baby!".

Be glad that you are an atheist. It makes things easier for you overall and saves you money. It sounds like the ones patronising you for being a heathen are the insecure ones. The more you try and figure out whether there is a god or not, the more sure you can be of your answer and the more this comes across when talking to the religiously afflicted.

As for wearing a tie at work, it is unfair. But hey, at least you're getting paid more than the women at work and in 8 years you'll still have a job because they aren't worried about you going on maternity leave.

When I was an apprentice many years ago I must add, and before H/S act 1979 you were considered a fool for wearing a tie near a revolving spindle. Women would wear what they liked, they don't take old sh*t like men in the work place, HR are scared of them.

My sugestion her would be. sew a bit of jewellers chain in the back of the tie let it get caught up, the chain will break, hopefully before you getting strangled or your neck broken and go off sick and then sue. You'll soon be let in without a tie then.

???

I answered before It is a joke that went wrong, I have ackownledged teh oiginal poster that I did not wish to cause offence. I will go back and edit it out.

Call someone a puff and they tell you your a sexist racist bigot but fail to see that few immigrants like gays or that immigrants are a lot more sexist than we are.

Fact is these groups cuddle togeather for mutual protection and few of these groups can debate an isue without resorting to abuse.

White working class males are stuffed by the left-wing and yet they are back bone of this country.

wheresmyfoxhole #9: In discrimination you have to be in minority that is weak, diferent, dangerous or vulnerable.

There are many cases where majorities are discriminated against. For example non-Sikh motorcyclists are discriminated against by the law which forces them to wear a helmet.

'Motorcycle helmets, visors and goggles -- useful information':

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/vehicles/v...ndgo4563?page=2

If you are driving or riding on a 2-wheeled motorcycle on a road you must wear a helmet. Passengers in a sidecar don't have to wear a helmet and neither does a Sikh who is wearing a turban.

You are Caribean Beauty and I claim my five pounds

:P

ps God hates you.

wheresmyfoxhole #9: In discrimination you have to be in minority that is weak, diferent, dangerous or vulnerable.

There are many cases where majorities are discriminated against. For example non-Sikh motorcyclists are discriminated against by the law which forces them to wear a helmet.

I don't know about you Jeff, but I was around when this legislation first came in. My friend was a biker and he drove us mad with this issue although I could agree with him.

As I saw it, there were a lot of kids and adults getting killed on bikes, and it was the view at the time that helmets (which were not like they are today, they made the rider look goofy and un cool)were proven to reduce injuries and death.

Harold Wilson (labour Prime Minister agreed with I think Barbara Castle, then Minister of Transport that the wearing of helmets become law for everybody, until a Sikh couldn't wear his helmet and turban at the same time. There was a hoo ha and Wilson gave in and they were exempt. It was not IMHO discrimination but favouritism for one small minority, and the poor bikers did not see this as moral. Taking the high ground they beat the sh*t out of a load of mods and left the political right to fight their cause.

I have mixed feelings about this legislation as it is part of the road traffic act and you drive under licence and not by right. So any government can do what they like to whom they like, and if you don't like it you know what you can do. Well Wilson did not do this to the Sikhs and this left non turban wearing majority feeling p****ed off. And my mate hasn't let it rest since.

Just a bit of personal history

Thanks for you last reply. Should I have answered to your above post "Not if a non sikhmotor cyclist wanted to wear a turban, what would have been your response?