House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

What Do I Do Until The Property Market Hits Bottom?

Ok, so I'm looking all over for a place to renovate and, obviously, no one is prepared to budge much on their asking price as they haven't really started to realise how difficult it is to shift stuff at the moment.

That being the case, I need something to keep me out of mischief for the next 18-24 months or so until whatever is currently happening in the property market stops happening and prices stable out a bit, and to prevent me from doing a load of my savings in.

Who's got a good suggestion for a small business as I much prefer to work for my self rather than line someone elses pocket. Dosen't need to be a gold mine as I have no debt to service, other than a small'ish mortgage, no kids and all the bills are split between me and other half. I'm thinking that anything I can prefix with the words "Eco", "Enviro", "Sustainable" or "Green" is probably a good bet these days.

Suggestions on a postcard.

Ok, so I'm looking all over for a place to renovate and, obviously, no one is prepared to budge much on their asking price as they haven't really started to realise how difficult it is to shift stuff at the moment.

That being the case, I need something to keep me out of mischief for the next 18-24 months or so until whatever is currently happening in the property market stops happening and prices stable out a bit, and to prevent me from doing a load of my savings in.

Who's got a good suggestion for a small business as I much prefer to work for my self rather than line someone elses pocket. Dosen't need to be a gold mine as I have no debt to service, other than a small'ish mortgage, no kids and all the bills are split between me and other half. I'm thinking that anything I can prefix with the words "Eco", "Enviro", "Sustainable" or "Green" is probably a good bet these days.

Become a repo man?

Become a repo man?

Always intense... for instance, you'll be thinking about a plate of shrimp and somebody'll say "plate" or "shrimp".

Long live low budget cult 80s punk sci fi.

Funeral Director, instead of burying or cremating, you compost the deceased. Envirnomentally sound and sustainable, with an almost limitless supply of clients.........

buy gold coins. they prevent impulse purchases, banks using your money and they earn better than any savings account you can care to mention..

Don't really produce an income though - or divert ones time away from michief making if there's nowt else to occupy your time.

Edited by 6538

Don't really produce an income though - or divert ones time away from michief making.

thats funny as mine made me £1200 since nov.

where my barclays account made me £42.

for the time being while were contracting, id stash that money (into gold and silver) and come out later onces its all tits up with a new business plan when we know what the public needs will be.

people right now say they want to download music to their mobile phones.

tomorrow they might just want bread.

Become a HARD estate agent. Go around and value properties at least 40-50% down from Oct. 07 prices. Inform sellers that their property will only shift if they accept your price and do so NOW. Spend at least 1 hour hammering it into each seller. If they don't agree, tell them they are timewasters who will never sell and you are not prepared to take them on to your books.

You might not make any money, but you could at least post some great muppet stories here on HPC and keep us entertained. :)

Nomadd

Build a model railway - It will take your mind off houses - thats what I am doing!

You are Richard Branson and I claim my £5!

buy gold coins. they prevent impulse purchases, banks using your money and they earn better than any savings account you can care to mention..

So, does anyone have any insight into where the gold price is going - up, down or staying the same?

Guest Bart of Darkness
So, does anyone have any insight into where the gold price is going - up, down or staying the same?

Knowing gold, all three!