House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bomberbrown

50% Off In Coventry

Where are the pictures of inside? Hardly fantastic sales technique to include no details to Rightmove... and just say it's 'Well appointed' whatever that means :)

Why three zeros on the end???

The original figure was about right otherwise....... for a while

EDIT:- post was incomplete

Edited by Laura

Where are the pictures of inside? Hardly fantastic sales technique to include no details to Rightmove... and just say it's 'Well appointed' whatever that means :)

Probably had squatters or students in it, and the place has been trashed.

Never trust a RM listing where there are no internal photos.

107k is still stupidly high.

I think, when all is said and done, 2005 will be seen as the "real" top of the market.

Those rate cuts in 2005 just pro-longed the inevitable.....and were criminal.

50% off a small flat that were 300% over priced still leaves it 3x the price it should be,.

You've possibly overvalued it rfd ?

I thought HPCers had shifted into Depression valuation mode now in order to stay ahead of the curve plumett?

You've possibly overvalued it rfd ?

I thought HPCers had shifted into Depression valuation mode now in order to stay ahead of the curve plumett?

Don't think you've gone far enough. I thought HPCers were now on the 'you should pay ME to live somewhere! Oh, I'll let you fill up my fridge every morning if you give me £200, and I'll let you give me a car (including fuel) for £10,000, and sort me out with a holiday you'll pay me to go on' stage. :-)

'you should pay ME to live somewhere! Oh, I'll let you fill up my fridge every morning if you give me £200, and I'll let you give me a car (including fuel) for £10,000, and sort me out with a holiday you'll pay me to go on' stage. :-)

Where do I sign?

a flat like this, in a location like this is worth in reality around 35-40k max.

theres nothing 'luxury' about it. its just a functional, clean modern build flat in a city centre for a worker, student or cramped young couple.

what was it £214K ??

:lol::lol::lol:

that really makes it clear what a pathetic price that was.

and that this country right now is totally laughable.

Edited by right_freds_dead

Unfortunately I was making it up - just defining where I thought general opinion on HPC would go as the crash accelerates - people do like to stay ahead of the curve as Laura says :lol:

For now, you could try http://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/benefits/

hmmmm......thanks for the link, but I think i'll keep working until my services are no longer required.

Then I plan to buy a camper van and travel Europe until your offer becomes a reality.

a flat like this, in a location like this is worth in reality around 35-40k max.

A fair price, imo. If these were 35k they'd sell even today. That they were seriously listed as over 200k illustrates, as you point out, just how ridiculous this country's housing situation became. An economy out of control like 1920s Germans burning stacks of money because they were cheaper than the wood they could buy. People will look back on 200k flats up north and turn white. Average prices should be: flats = 45k, mid-terraces = 90k, semis = 125k, detached = 150k.

Who could argue with that?

Edit: added some more ranting.

Edited by Thucydides

A fair price, imo. If these were 35k they'd sell even today. That they were seriously listed as over 200k illustrates, as you point out, just how ridiculous this country's housing situation became. An economy out of control like 1920s Germans burning stacks of money because they were cheaper than the wood they could buy. People will look back on 200k flats up north and turn white. Average prices should be: flats = 45k, mid-terraces = 90k, semis = 125k, detached = 150k.

Absolutely spot on....and that is where the crash will be felt the worst.

Flats going from 200k to 45/50k is probable and reaslistic....but for anyone that bought them....oooooo dear.

I agree.

flats = 45k and all

Absolutely spot on....and that is where the crash will be felt the worst.

Flats going from 200k to 45/50k is probable and reaslistic....but for anyone that bought them....oooooo dear.

Anyone who bought them at peak is just totally screwed now I'm afraid. I'm not getting any pleasure out of saying that either because while many will be dickhead BTL types, there will be many who were just misinformed young people, who will now be assigned bankrupt status for the rest of their lives and may well never be able to borrow any form of credit at any price ever again. Also they will find themselves with no where to live and sucked into some nasty social housing scheme where they can rent their own flat back off Nanny.

Edit: illiterate idiot

Edited by Thucydides

Anyone who bought them at peak is just totally screwed now I'm afraid. I'm not getting any pleasure out of saying that either because while many will be dickhead BTL types,

there will be many who were just misinformed young people,

i.e. the same kind of future dickhead BTL types

50% off a small flat that were 300% over priced still leaves it 3x the price it should be,.

2x, surely?

(300% overpriced means original price = 400% x fair price. 50% off leaves 200% x fair price)

i.e. the same kind of future dickhead BTL types

I don't share your cynicism. Not all FTBs are sharks looking for a deal. There certainly are some unfair casualties to this, we should accept that.

I don't share your cynicism. Not all FTBs are sharks looking for a deal. There certainly are some unfair casualties to this, we should accept that.

If there was a shortage of places to rent over the past decade and people were being frogmarched to the banks in order to take on huge mortgages I could probably agree with you.....but in so far as I can see, there wasn't and they weren't so I don't share your sentiment. ;)

If there was a shortage of places to rent over the past decade and people were being frogmarched to the banks in order to take on huge mortgages I could probably agree with you.....but in so far as I can see, there wasn't and they weren't so I don't share your sentiment. ;)

My basic attitude is the same - they could have read the papers, etc, and it was their decision. I think I am referring now, though, to people without a lot of financial education who bought way before "credit crunch" was even a phrase. They weren't to know, really, and bought for somewhere to live, not with a view to investment, and now there home is going down the pooper.

Anyone who bought them at peak is just totally screwed now I'm afraid. I'm not getting any pleasure out of saying that either because while many will be dickhead BTL types, there will be many who were just misinformed young people, who will now be assigned bankrupt status for the rest of their lives and may well never be able to borrow any form of credit at any price ever again. Also they will find themselves with no where to live and sucked into some nasty social housing scheme where they can rent their own flat back off Nanny.

Edit: illiterate idiot

Only if they stop paying the mortgage. So long as the mortgages were on sensible multipliers (3x is easy, 4x is uncomfortable at more than 8-9%) then they'll have thrown money away, but bankrupt and in 'social housing'? Drama much?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-106...=2&tr_t=buy £107,950

09/06/2006 £214,000 Flat L Yes Beauchamp House, Flat 79, Greyfriars Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV1 3RX

50% drop in two years. Ouch.

Difficult to guage the fall there as it's a new build and city-centre. The true horror will start in Cov with a fall in the absurdly overpriced Earlsdon, the haven for Guniess-drinking students, professionals who can't afford to live in Leamington, and BTLs. To get a picture of the level of denial here, check this out (about 1/2 mile south from yourl flat)...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-100...=7&tr_t=buy

hate to disagree as i like your posts but...

if your daft enough to buy into this as an ftb you would have been daft enough to buy into BTL later.

im watching itv right now. its houses at auction. 14.21pm. a young couple. bought their own place, now at auction looking for a btl to 'male money'.

they are the same 'believers' and they hope the ladder gets bigger for the next couple down.

anyone who bought in the last 3 years is a baby btl muppet, who thought they had made the last call for the flight of free plenty.

they will be disappointed when they end up taking a big hit. just like their older counterparts. the btl nimby.

its all the same thought line. house = money.

i dont think there are any unfair casualties.

as soon as most ftbs get in they start mewing.