House Price Crash Forum
Once in a lifetime

John Cleese Loses £6m

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Two houses, half his income and £905,000 a year maintenance? When I were a lass we had to make do with a hastily packed suitcase of clothes, the contents of the copper jar and daily abuse on't factory floor for being frigid. And I were lucky.

This ouse i bought from ere is dead.

No its not, its resting!

Hastily packed suitcase of clothes, contents of the copper jar and daily abuse on't factory floor?

I had to live in the dressing gown I were wearing for 17 years, on the loose change from between the cushions on the sofa, while me own mam called me a 'useless ****'. And that were luxury.

Dressing gown, sofa change and mother calling you a ****?

Well.....I were battered to death by me ex-husband, had to live on the pennies the undertaker put on me eyes, and the only shower I had were when I were spat on by the women's institute.

Dressing gown, sofa change and mother calling you a ****?

Well.....I were battered to death by me ex-husband, had to live on the pennies the undertaker put on me eyes, and the only shower I had were when I were spat on by the women's institute.

you were locky......

Guest Steve Cook
If you have that much money why on earth get married and risk losing so much? Utter madness.

Hopefully, now, he will go back to being a miserable sh*t and write another award winning comedy series

Always a silver lining......

Edited by Steve Cook

When I were a lass we had to make do with a hastily packed suitcase of clothes, the contents of the copper jar and daily abuse on't factory floor for being frigid.

Ah must admit, tha did 'ave it tough there, lass.

At least in us factory they'd 'ave decency to take thee t'bog to shag thee. :lol:

you were locky......

We had to get up half an hour before we went to bed. Work 25 hour a day shifts at mill, and pay mill owner for priviledge o' workin there.

We'd come back, and our dad would murder us in our sleep......... If we were lucky...

You tell that to the young generation today.... and they don't believe yer!

John Cleese has become the latest celebrity to fall victim to the property crisis after selling his California home for £6million less than the asking price.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...vorce-wife.html

He's having a larf!

Look at the bird....what was he thinking?

Ssshurely he could have held out until the correction is over.

:lol:

Thought you were a man....

Two houses, half his income and £905,000 a year maintenance? When I were a lass we had to make do with a hastily packed suitcase of clothes, the contents of the copper jar and daily abuse on't factory floor for being frigid. And I were lucky.

Cleese, who was previously married to his Fawlty Towers co-star Connie Booth and actress Barbara Trentham, said of the divorce: 'It's going to be very, very expensive but it will be worth every penny.'

:lol::lol::lol:

Got to love him. Its costing him millions and millions but he doesn't care, he just wants rid of the bitch.

rofl.

:lol::lol::lol:

Got to love him. Its costing him millions and millions but he doesn't care, he just wants rid of the bitch.

rofl.

Which proves there's no fool like an old fool. He's been around for donkey's. You'd think he'd have learned by now. It'll be different next time. :lol:

Guest Winnie

Always the biggest ego of the Pythons - hubris...nemesis...of course this is hurting him - being slightly mad and far too proud he just does not want to admit it

Anyone been following Michael Winner's savage attacks on the ex wife in the ST as he travels with Cleese through Europe...eating? Quite funny.

To be fair, he hasn't lost 6m. He has just sold it for 6m less than he was wanting. Unless he bought it for 6m more than he's getting for it now.

As a post script, as a comedian he's been quite embarrassing for 30 years. Good corporate trainer, though.\