House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Harry Monk

When Will The Boe Next Change Interest Rates

What it says.

The US dollar collapse shifts up a gear starting tomorrow. The Fed will now monetize anything. Commodities prices will explode.

What the BoE does with IR is now irrelevant. All CB lost control of money supply long ago. Inflation will cripple the consumer so hard that IR cuts will only aggravate.

This is your last chance to buy gold while it's cheap.

October. Down.

Interest rates are largely irrelevant to the subject of this forum now. Banks are factoring in large falls in house prices when determining their lending criteria, just as they similarly factored in rising prices when they were handing out 100% loans.

The number of lenders who will lend at anything more than 85% LTV will be counted on the fingers of one hand by the end of the year. BTL LTVs will be even worse; I'm guessing you'll struggle to remortgage your BTL at anything better than 70%.

What it says.

I'm 85% confident that the next move will be up. I'm 90% sure that the next move will be this year.

I'm 90% confident that the move will be an irrelevance in the context of retail lending.

Up or down, it`ll make no difference. 3 or 4 years ago, they had some control. Now, it doesn`t matter (much).

Down - couple to six months.

Before which oil will fall, US dollar won't collapse and stock markets will be trading higher.

Lighten up chaps, you're letting the Cassandras push your buttons.