House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
esmerelda

Isa Advice Re Switch Of Funds Requested From You Financial Gurus Out There!

I am looking to switch some of my ISA into more commodities based funds for the coming year. Currently I hold approx £50,000 in stocks & shares ISAs split between UK, Europe & Emerging markets. I am thinking to move 15% of the UK based funds for at least the coming year over.

At first I looked at gold via the merrill Lynch ISA but I think the JPM Natural Resources A Acc offers a more diverse split amongst commodities, as commodities generally appears to be an extremely volatile market.

Can any of you offer me any advice as to either your own experience of this fund OR alternatives that I might consider? I should add that I am not looking to be madly adventurous...I am looking to retire in 5 years time so I don't have a lengthy time to allow investments losing value now to recover.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

My SIPP's invested in commodities. I prefer ETC's to funds as they're much cheaper and you can gain direct exposure to commodities. They also have low charges of around 0.4% pa. I'm in gold, wheat and live cattle.

http://www.etfsecurities.com/en/welcome.asp

My SIPP's about 50% in commodities, the rest in iShares high yielding index ETFs.

My SIPP operates as a sort of mini-hedge fund - stocks go down, commodities go up.

Beware - commodity prices are very volatile!

Edited by DrGUID

My SIPP's invested in commodities. I prefer ETC's to funds as they're much cheaper and you can gain direct exposure to commodities. They also have low charges of around 0.4% pa. I'm in gold, wheat and live cattle.

http://www.etfsecurities.com/en/welcome.asp

My SIPP's about 50% in commodities, the rest in iShares high yielding index ETFs.

My SIPP operates as a sort of mini-hedge fund - stocks go down, commodities go up.

Beware - commodity prices are very volatile!

Thanks for the info Dr G. I shall investigate further!!!!