Major Rubbishes Rpi Cpi

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Mr Marr just said "house prices to fall quite sharply, I think everyone accepts that now"

Except David Smith on his blog, he thinks something is going on with the figures.

"The FT house price index, compiled by Acadametrics, continues to provide an oasis of calm when set against the Halifax and Nationwide numbers. It showed a drop of 0.6% last month but a rise of 1.2% compared with a year earlier. Prices are slipping rather than crashing. The lenders' data started falling very sharply four months ago, and might have been expected to feed through to this, the broadest index, by now, so something is going on."

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
He should know, he was a Chancellor & Prime Minister and presided over high inflation AND a recession, stagflation if you like.

And he went to a comprehensive school and he shagged Edwina Curry ( better keep quite about that)

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Except David Smith on his blog, he thinks something is going on with the figures.

"The FT house price index, compiled by Acadametrics, continues to provide an oasis of calm when set against the Halifax and Nationwide numbers. It showed a drop of 0.6% last month but a rise of 1.2% compared with a year earlier. Prices are slipping rather than crashing. The lenders' data started falling very sharply four months ago, and might have been expected to feed through to this, the broadest index, by now, so something is going on."

You could rework Bob Dylan's 'Ballad of a thin man' for him - 'Ballad of a thick man'

'Something is happening here

But you don't know what it is

Do you, Mr Smith?'

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Just seen this - thanks for tip. Major was quite good on RPI and CPI - saying that inflation for real people (average incomes) was around 8-10% and that the CPI was essentially meaningless. He also savaged the unemployment figures, though wasn't drawn on a 'real' figure for this. Otherwise, I thought he was a bit optimistic and didn't seem to understand the Fannie/Freddie meltdown. Otherwise, he tried to claim too much credit for the good' part of the boom for his own Government in my view. So, nice bear breakfast, but I'm in search of a proper roast with all the trimmings for lunch on Moneyweek...

Two afterthoughts: (1) is it just me, or aren't the two women on the couch complete retards? Ok, one is just a nasty DM-type, praising Cameron for being ethical etc. But the other was a complete idiot, with a level of analysis of the local hairdresser, eg on the gay Bishop story. Is there no end to the feminisation of the media/TV that finding two journalists who can speak in words of more than one syllable would be 'talking-down' to the viewers? (2) Thatcher will have a state funeral: well, I for one will be in the street with an air-horn if they ask us to have a minute's silence for that woman.

HOLA4418
Guest Mr Parry
Just seen this - thanks for tip. Major was quite good on RPI and CPI - saying that inflation for real people (average incomes) was around 8-10% and that the CPI was essentially meaningless. He also savaged the unemployment figures, though wasn't drawn on a 'real' figure for this. Otherwise, I thought he was a bit optimistic and didn't seem to understand the Fannie/Freddie meltdown. Otherwise, he tried to claim too much credit for the good' part of the boom for his own Government in my view. So, nice bear breakfast, but I'm in search of a proper roast with all the trimmings for lunch on Moneyweek...

Two afterthoughts: (1) is it just me, or aren't the two women on the couch complete retards? Ok, one is just a nasty DM-type, praising Cameron for being ethical etc. But the other was a complete idiot, with a level of analysis of the local hairdresser, eg on the gay Bishop story. Is there no end to the feminisation of the media/TV that finding two journalists who can speak in words of more than one syllable would be 'talking-down' to the viewers? (2) Thatcher will have a state funeral: well, I for one will be in the street with an air-horn if they ask us to have a minute's silence for that woman.

Rockin' funny . . . . more!