House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Home_To_Roost

"the Financial State Of The World Is Just About The Worst I've Ever Known It"

Reuters - Saturday, July 12 12:44 pm

"The financial state of the world is just about the worst I've ever known it," Branson told The Times newspaper in an interview. "It's getting perilously close to being worse than the 1990s.

"You have the perfect storm -- you've not only got the banking crisis and the housing crisis, you've got the soaring fuel prices as well. One of the big American carriers will almost definitely go."

Link!

Well spotted. I have met Branny boy twice, both times in peak boom periods - first time at his Oxfordshire home annual Virgin staff garden party in 89, then again in 03 when he launched a new flight into one of the Caribbean islands. He is the perennial grinning optimist (green issues excepting) so this mega bearish speech from him is highly significant and seems to me to suggest that Virgin America is doomed, maybe even Virgin Atlantic....hope not, a damn sight better flight experience than BA, cheaper fares too

Branson pushed index tracker investment funds for years saying that its much wiser than trying to time the market. Meanwhile he does just that, exiting equities big style in summer 2007.

It's not a smile, it's a psychopathic smirk.

Reuters - Saturday, July 12 12:44 pm

"The financial state of the world is just about the worst I've ever known it," Branson told The Times newspaper in an interview. "It's getting perilously close to being worse than the 1990s.

"You have the perfect storm -- you've not only got the banking crisis and the housing crisis, you've got the soaring fuel prices as well. One of the big American carriers will almost definitely go."

I guess he would have voted "worse than the 1930's" in the how bad can it get HPC pointless poll. :lol: