House Price Crash Forum

To Date Or Not To Date

HOLA441
Call me old fashined but I can remember when arranging dates didn't involve finding out LTV's and reset dates, where has romance gone?
Although, maybe this is more honest (and revealing) than both parties judging each other by the clothes they wear and the car they drive, which still seems quite common? Each generation seems to have its (ir)rational desires (beards, hats, light-skin/tanned skin, beauty spots, mullets) but income+capital has always played a major role. For what it's worth, while past/present money problems might make me think twice about someone I was not entirely certain, I don't see it ruining things with someone really nice. As you say, who wants to be the Camden-philanderer long-term - where's the romance? We all make mistakes - the main thing is to judge what someone would be over a lifetime, and most lifetimes involve some disaster or other (divorce/neg eq/repo/unemployment) that could easily be interpreted as a weakness of character. Better a poor Felicity Kendall than a rich Posh Spice any day. :)

Clapham=Camden

Edited by Avon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Unfortunately, everything in life these days seems to come down to some sort of business transaction in the end. I don´t know about anyone else but I don´t trust anyone anymore. Modern life seems to be about trying to screw someone else over or stop yourself being screwed over by someone else. :(

HOLA447
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Unfortunately, everything in life these days seems to come down to some sort of business transaction in the end. I don´t know about anyone else but I don´t trust anyone anymore. Modern life seems to be about trying to screw someone else over or stop yourself being screwed over by someone else. :(

I've stolen your wallet.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Two pumps and a squirt........... transaction done!

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Well I would look at the whole picture,

Are they dumb ?

Are they attractive ?

Have they got a good excuse ?

I can't really imagine going out with anyone really in debt... mostly because I really rate a girl whos switched on and intelligent whats the point in dating a beautiful airhead?

HOLA4413
I remember speaking a conversation with a couple of women who wouldn't consider going out with someone who rents. Bit of a turnabout now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx0VJLrs2z8

'Don't bother coming on, if you rent,

You're not to have a B-J.O.B. without any equity,

'Don't bother coming on, if you rent.....

HOLA4414

When i met my wife a few years back i could not believe how good she was with money and how she was not into all this latest fashion craze or wanted money growing on trees.

well i can say even to this day she is amazing with money and absolutely hates waste of money and my finances have never been better.she would kill me if i ever walked in the house and had bought designer clothes ect...and we are not short of a few quid..... :rolleyes:

HOLA4415
When i met my wife a few years back i could not believe how good she was with money and how she was not into all this latest fashion craze or wanted money growing on trees.

well i can say even to this day she is amazing with money and absolutely hates waste of money and my finances have never been better.she would kill me if i ever walked in the house and had bought designer clothes ect...and we are not short of a few quid..... :rolleyes:

Is she gorgeous too?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

In my experience the ones to steer well clear of are from a stable, middle class, probably religious conservative background. They have "expectations" as to lifestyle, sense of entitlement, a gentleman pays for the meal, and all that bollux.

I much prefer down to earth, working class upbringing, no money/no hangups, women. My other main screening criterion is got kids and doesn't want any more, simply because I've done all that and have no intention of spending the next 20 years financing anyone elses.

There was a program on a while back where an Indian woman (I think) tried using the arranged marriage model with Brits trying to find a partner. She had a ticklist for pre-screening. Top of the list was financial status, own home etc. Renting = down and out pauper. Exactly the sort of woman I avoid like the plague. If you marry a woman like that, one day they'll take you to the cleaners. 100% guaranteed.

HOLA4421
I much prefer down to earth, working class upbringing, no money/no hangups, women. My other main screening criterion is got kids and doesn't want any more, simply because I've done all that and have no intention of spending the next 20 years financing anyone elses.

Hi everyone, my name's JJJ and I like cheap sluts with borderline (legal) substance abuse problems.

This is the right night for the support group, yes?

Edited by JJJ

HOLA4422
Hi everyone, my name's JJJ and I like cheap sluts with borderline (legal) substance abuse problems.

This is the right night for the support group, yes?

You don't need support. Nothing wrong with cheap sluts. Just don't take them back to yours.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Here's a dilema - would you have a relationship with someone with a relatively high loan to value mortgage that resets in the coming months? There must be a fair chance that at some point in the near future they are going to need financial assistance? This makes them a bit of a liability.

I find this dilema interesting because a year or so ago I remember speaking a conversation with a couple of women who wouldn't consider going out with someone who rents. Bit of a turnabout now.

Much depends on what I think I could achieve with this person before the reset kicks in

Edited by The Ginger Winger

HOLA4425
Here's a dilema - would you have a relationship with someone with a relatively high loan to value mortgage that resets in the coming months? There must be a fair chance that at some point in the near future they are going to need financial assistance? This makes them a bit of a liability.

I find this dilema interesting because a year or so ago I remember speaking a conversation with a couple of women who wouldn't consider going out with someone who rents. Bit of a turnabout now.

If they were honest about their position and were determined to sort it out I would be impressed and not necessarily see their financial plight as a draw back. Many of the best savers I know were complete spendaholics in their younger days a point made in the BBC programme by Benjamin Fry .

At the other end of the spectrum the tight fisted penny pinching type would put me off - probably mean spirited and that would manifest itself in other aspects of their life.