House Price Crash Forum
gruffydd

Caroline Flint Admits To Unsustainable Housing Boom

The fact that Caroline has been willing to state the blindingly obvious is more significant than many might think. Given that HPI and the BTL boom were the drivers of Gordon's "miracle" economy the end of these particulalry nasty economic blights means that his legacy is about to be destroyed. Caroline's bold statement is a sign, IMO, that Gordon's authority is eroding rapidly and I think we may see the Thatcher wannabe (Harriet Harman) go for it after the Glasgow by-election falls to the SNP.

The fact that Caroline has been willing to state the blindingly obvious is more significant than many might think. Given that HPI and the BTL boom were the drivers of Gordon's "miracle" economy the end of these particulalry nasty economic blights means that his legacy is about to be destroyed. Caroline's bold statement is a sign, IMO, that Gordon's authority is eroding rapidly and I think we may see the Thatcher wannabe (Harriet Harman) go for it after the Glasgow by-election falls to the SNP.

I agree. There comes a point when no one can keep defending the indefensible without looking hopelessly out of touch with the electorate. I think Labour has pushed it as far as they can in support of Gordon. They're looking so out of touch now the entire future of the whole party is at stake.

Diane Abbot said on This Week that Jack Straw and Harriet Harman had a "Granita Like" lunch together, presumably to thrash out who gets to stab Brown in the front, and who takes the top job.

Glasgow's by-election is gonna be huge. If it does go SNP, Brown will be removed in time for the Labour Conference.

Anyone know when the Glasgow vote happens? The David Davis one went by without me hearing anything of it. I've been working a lot so maybe I just missed it.

I agree. There comes a point when no one can keep defending the indefensible without looking hopelessly out of touch with the electorate. I think Labour has pushed it as far as they can in support of Gordon. They're looking so out of touch now the entire future of the whole party is at stake.

Diane Abbot said on This Week that Jack Straw and Harriet Harman had a "Granita Like" lunch together, presumably to thrash out who gets to stab Brown in the front, and who takes the top job.

Glasgow's by-election is gonna be huge. If it does go SNP, Brown will be removed in time for the Labour Conference.

Anyone know when the Glasgow vote happens? The David Davis one went by without me hearing anything of it. I've been working a lot so maybe I just missed it.

Jack straw is possibly the only man that could turn their party around.

He is actually a very nice man. Shame he is a red though.

It seems you never listened to him obfuscating in Today's 'Radio Car' almost every morning at the time of WMDs. He was Chief Liar for Blair and about as neo Con as they come.

Jack Straw and Harriet Harman had a "Granita Like" lunch together, presumably to thrash out who gets to stab Brown in the front, and who takes the top job.

Whoever gets 'top job' is first in line for joint and several liability on Labour party debt.

His instinctive authoritarianism (even by New Labour standards) is enough for me. And the fact that he produced a son who was apparently a drug-dealer, while espousing policies of prohibition and parental responsibility, carries an unappealing whiff of hypocrisy.

Straw is the only old generation of New Labour who could come close to challenging Cameron, in fact I think Straw would do a good job at the dispatch box. Harman is universally detested. What about Flint herself? Never seen her in action in the commons, so don't know how she'd stand up to scrutiny. She's not tainted like many of the other Labour people who the public have come to loathe.

Wiki of Jack Straw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Straw

.....but more interestingly how about this wiki entry, more principled than David Davis and I've never heard of him :huh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Murray

Extract:

"During an interview with Alex Jones on August 21, 2006, regarding torture and the 2006 transatlantic aircraft plot, Murray claimed that false intelligence on al-Qaeda plots was obtained through torture done by CIA proxies, and that the intelligence gained is used as a propaganda tool.[24]

The threat of legal action against Murray by the Treasury Solicitor for the unauthorised publication of official documents on his website[25] resulted in a large number of people mirroring the documents on their own websites and releasing them via peer to peer networks.[26] A list of current mirrors can be found in the posts and comments at the blog called "Craig Murray friends".[27]

In September 2007, Murray expressed views on the character of Alisher Usmanov, Russia's 18th richest man[28], following Usmanov's investment in Arsenal Football Club[29] but the post[30] had to be removed from his web site following an intervention from Usmanov's lawyers, Schillings, who threatened his webhost. Despite Murray's repeated assertions that he was happy to defend his statements in court, Schillings declined to sue Murray but concentrated on stamping out the story by threatening hosting companies who had no interest in defending the case. Under further pressure from Usmanov's lawyers, the hosting company, Fasthosts[31], decided to permanently close the server for the web site on 20 September 2007, an action that also had the effect of deleting several other related and non-related political blogs. A campaign by bloggers against Usmanov's legal pressure ensued. Murray's website has since returned."

It seems you never listened to him obfuscating in Today's 'Radio Car' almost every morning at the time of WMDs. He was Chief Liar for Blair and about as neo Con as they come.

Whoever gets 'top job' is first in line for joint and several liability on Labour party debt.

Agreed

When Blair is laying out the 45 minutes deception Straw nods and nods and nods, this guy is a muppet, what are you lot on? He is scum and so are nearly all politicians except Wedgeweood Benn.

Edited by me me me

I'd prefer Jack Straw to Harriet Harman. She seems anti-men to an almost pathological level..... bit scary, infact as a previous poster said, she looks like she'd go all Margaret "We have become a grandmother" Thatcher given the chance.

I still think it'll be hard for Labour to win a GE even with a new leader, but keeping Brown will wreck the Labour movement for good. The funding from Labour donors might return if Brown goes..... a little bit anyway.

Whoever it is, they have to be able to publically admit that Brown was disastrously complacent (or blind) while Chancellor. That way he/she can at least stop this farce of trying to prop up the market with shared equity etc. If they (or the tories) keep on that path we'll end up even further up sh*t creek.... although It's hard to imagine a bigger mess, we'd be in it without a paddle or a floatation device.... or an armband........or even a pair of speedos!

I'm sure he is,but the time for niceties is over.Tough action is needed to rid us of the scourge of excessive government.

Given that so many are now employed by/dependent upon the state for their means of sustainance,the required action will be deeply unpopular,but necessary.No pain,no gain.

....rather like the parent who has to dish out the cold-turkey treatment to their junkie kid.

I don't think that the SNP will take Glasgow East. The swing they need is too big a mountain for them to climb. Even Alex Salmond has admitted that it'll be very difficult.

If Labour win, Brown will survive and stagger on taking his party to oblivion with him.

If Labour do lose, we wont get Harriet Harperson as PM. She's crap at the dispatch box and is almost universally loathed.

Is this the person who works for that guy who once said "I will not allow house prices to get out of control and put at risk the sustainability of the future"?

Guest Winnie
I don't think that the SNP will take Glasgow East. The swing they need is too big a mountain for them to climb. Even Alex Salmond has admitted that it'll be very difficult.

If Labour win, Brown will survive and stagger on taking his party to oblivion with him.

If Labour do lose, we wont get Harriet Harperson as PM. She's crap at the dispatch box and is almost universally loathed.

In fact, surprisingly Harman did very well at the dispatch box earlier this year v. Cameron - it was noted in the press and on this site even. She frightens men because she wants equality for women - which for men is tantamount to taking away their sweets and making them share..... You only have to see the fathers for justice muppets on her roof for her point to be ironically proven.

So - she will suffer in the same way as Hillary from the residual male antipathy to strong women. Having said all that as an individual (regardless of her gendeer or politics) she is hard, cold and calculating with a large ego and a privileged public school background. Believe me there is no more warped stance to have come from a privileged background and go left wing - psychiatrists - check that out.....

She frightens men because she wants equality for women

Unfortunately, equality, or equality of opportunity for women is not what Harman appears to want. She wants positive discrimination.

Also, her tone is very condescending. She's got no chance of becoming PM unless, of course, Brown resigns quickly and she gets the job on a temporary basis because she's currently Deputy Leader of the Labour Party. That said, I don't believe that Brown will ever resign. They'll have to drag him out of Downing Street kicking and screaming.

In fact, surprisingly Harman did very well at the dispatch box earlier this year v. Cameron - it was noted in the press and on this site even. She frightens men because she wants equality for women - which for men is tantamount to taking away their sweets and making them share.....

In what sense are women unequal to men in our society?

In fact, surprisingly Harman did very well at the dispatch box earlier this year v. Cameron - it was noted in the press and on this site even. She frightens men because she wants equality for women - which for men is tantamount to taking away their sweets and making them share..... You only have to see the fathers for justice muppets on her roof for her point to be ironically proven.

So - she will suffer in the same way as Hillary from the residual male antipathy to strong women. Having said all that as an individual (regardless of her gendeer or politics) she is hard, cold and calculating with a large ego and a privileged public school background. Believe me there is no more warped stance to have come from a privileged background and go left wing - psychiatrists - check that out.....

Rubbish. Hillary lost because she fought a negative campaign, and due to Bush-Clinton dynasty fatigue. It had nothing to do with her gender or Obama's skin colour. What that campaign proved is that after all the talk of female/black glass ceilings, any candidate fundamentally has to "make the argument" and "convey and implement policies" to solve societies injustices. That's what they will be judged on, and nothing else.

Incidently, I know very little about them aside from their stunts on TV but Fathers for Justice appear to be a group of dads wanting access to their own kids. Fathers who care about their kids are needed in this society, I don't think they deserve to be called muppets. The "muppets" you should direct your own 'antipathy to men' stance should be directed at those men who abandon their kids and partners.

Moreover in the past few months single women have gained the right to have IVF treatment free on the NHS, a Harriet Harman cause unless I'm mistaken. Do you think that is fair on men? Do you think that is an example of equal rights?

I might remind you that we had a "strong woman" in the PM job for years. Voted in by a lot of British men and women.

"residual male antipathy to strong women" Utter tosh!

Edited by Khayl

Guest Bart of Darkness
Hillary lost because she fought a negative campaign

I thought that the Rothschilds/Bildeburgers/Illuminati/giant lizards had already decided the result of the November election?

Rubbish. Hillary lost because she fought a negative campaign, and due to Bush-Clinton dynasty fatigue.

Yes,people are truly sick of dynastic politics.

It is slowly sinking in,hence the change of tack with barack obama.

Same shit in a different colour box.

Same as us really,we are getting a bit sick of all those jock lawyers(I can call them that as I do have a bit of jock heritage...so I'm not being racist!!!)

Bit of a miscalculation with milliband though,he is the adrian mole of the political pigsty.

Edited by oracle

I thought that the Rothschilds/Bildeburgers/Illuminati/giant lizards had already decided the result of the November election?

They have.

Heads they win,tails you lose.