House Price Crash Forum

The Polish Are Leaving - Stop Them !

HOLA441
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Someone asked what our connection with Somalia was. I believe it was a British protectorate of some sort from about the 1880s (the time of Gordon of Khartoum, Corporal Jones and the Fuzzywuzzies etc) till the late 1950s or so.

Only part of Somalia I believe

HOLA443
Only part of Somalia I believe

The oldest longest established community of Somalis outside of africa may be found near the old docks location in Liverpool, formed in the 19th Century when they worked their passge on boats to get there and settled. Those poor sods have had to put up with being surrounded by scousers for hundreds of years, is it any wonder if they sent for back-up once air travel got going? (Yes a regionalist joke, sorry for offence) :lol:

HOLA444
I always remember meeting an ethnic Welshman from Patagonia in Argentina, who presented me with an Argentinian passport at Heathrow since he and his family had lived in Patagonia for many generations, since the 19th century. He still spoke Welsh, better than a Welsh colleague who had a little natter with him, and better than he spoke spanish.

It seems inevitable that there must have been ethnic Welsh fighting for the argies against the British during the Falklands War - would your father in law have been delighted if an argie-welshman had shot a Brit para?

Yes, he would've been very happy indeed. The Welsh nats were vehemently opposed to the war, with many supporting the Argies. Actually, many Welsh nats actively support any movement that opposes the British state.

HOLA445
Hmmmmmm - funniest thing I've seen in a while is Tesco's stocking Polish Mineral water. I mean FFS, the hight of pointlessness, it must cost more in fuel to ship than it's sold for!

Happily enough no-one was buying it and it's already 50% off :lol:

Mind you - those Polish cherry flavoured Jaffas Tesco stock are a bit tasy ;)

Major supermarkets like Tesco and the French 'LeClerc' chain have quite a presence in Poland. It's why Poles now struggle to pay food bills, thanks to NATO expansion and the multinationals. You really think Tesco cares that its products are overpriced?

HOLA446
HOLA447
Yes, he would've been very happy indeed. The Welsh nats were vehemently opposed to the war, with many supporting the Argies. Actually, many Welsh nats actively support any movement that opposes the British state.

Is it fair to say that Welsh Nationalists are a more radical bunch than the Scottish version say ...

Never heard of any Welsh actively supporting the Argies I must admit I would have thought they would have had more in common with the sheep farming Falklanders ...

HOLA448
Yes, but wages have doubled in Poland over the last five years too.

I've been to Poland dozens of times, I drove to Gdansk just last autumn, it's a lovely country and apart from in the cities, it's a far more law-abiding and safe country to be than the UK.

Yes wages have doubled to about £100 per week, the poles i work with say food and fuel costs nearly the same, but it would be a higher percentage of your income so you would have a lot less money.

Looking at Spain from an expatriates perspective how many people got fooled, the grass always looks greener, if you lived in poland and got paid in polish zloty you would not last very long.

Dont get too romantic about poland, large number of expatriates will be heading back from spain and australia with there tails between there legs.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
"Those damn Poles, I haven't got enough of them!", Sir Winston Churchill, 1940, on hearing that Free Polish troops were counter-attacking the Germans in France and had a habit of not taking any prisoners - something which disgusted the naive British higher command who were still under the misbelief that they were playing a game of cricket and not fighting for their every survival. Colonel Blimps and all that.

Free Polish fighter squadrons shot down more german aircraft during the Battle of Britain than any other nationality in the allied forces - and that was despite them only being allowed into the battle late on. One of my own relatives, after whom I am named, died in the Battle of Britain.

I made a telly doc many years ago on the Polish Community who came here during the War. Those who settled here, and tens of thousands did, marrried British girls and had a work ethic that would shame many on this board. Doctors, Surgeons, Engineers, Teachers were not allowed to work in their chosen professions and most ended up doing the lowest, scummiest jobs going - often labourers or trawlermen or worse. The coal miners threatened to go on strike if just one Pole was allowed to become a coal-miner. My Dad was a highly skilled engineer who ended up working all his life here as a scaffolder. When he retired he had no pension and the firm he worked for took on THREE men to replace him.

The Poles who settled here all learnt English, went to Christian Churches, married local girls and not once did they demand special treatment or state hand-outs... or leaflets translated into Polish... or set up Polish ghettos. It has often been said that the Free Poles became the most successful immigrant community ever to arrive in the UK for, although they were brave men who went through hell in the war and who got treated shamefully afterwards, their children and their children's children exist in their hundreds of thousands in this country, in all walks of life and all professions, and are lucky enough to have the best of being British and the best of being Polish as their heritage.

Poland suffered more than any other nation in World War Two - over a third of the people were killed. Think about 1 in 3 of every person that you know being killed. People often forget that when they talk of the holocaust that millions of Poles were murdered in the death camps and that many of the Jews murdered were Poles. People forget, or are naive of the fact, that Hitler spilt Poland into 3 areas - one area where all Poles were removed from so that Germans could move in (the only Poles allowed to remain were those who were used as slave labour), a second area was created where all the Poles were used as slave labour and a third area was created where all the Poles were to be systematically worked to death. Millions of Poles were taken to Germany to be used as slave labour and most of them never lived to survive the war.

Poland, as someone wiser than myself once commented, became the home of humanity's holocaust.

I think it was Churchill who made the remark that Hitler got up in the morning and for breakfast he killed the French, for lunch he killed the Greeks, for tea he killed the Russians, etc, etc, but always, every minute of every hour, he is killing the Poles.

A few years ago there was a drama doc on the TV about D-day. They had a chap on there who had been 19 in 1994 and on the night before D-Day he was taking Polish Special Forces in on his landing craft. He commented "At first I didn't know who they were except that I would not like to meet them on a dark night in an alley. They were tough men and thank God they were on our side!".

VERY GOOD POST, I AGREE WITH EVERY THING YOU SAY, KEEP THE POLES ASK THE MUSLIMS TO LEAVE, POLITELY OF COURSE

HOLA4411
VERY GOOD POST, I AGREE WITH EVERY THING YOU SAY, KEEP THE POLES ASK THE MUSLIMS TO LEAVE, POLITELY OF COURSE

What would you say to a Polish Moslem person? Bet you didn't think of these people, who exist, did you...goes to show how arbitrary stereotyping and line-drawing could never work, even the BNP does not really know what it would do with immigrants if it achieved power

HOLA4412
I entirely agree with you and it always amazes me when you read forums like britishexpat.com how folk leaving the UK have this conception that somehow crime doesn`t occur in Australia or Canada or Spain

Indeed. My, one of our neighbours had their bike stolen a few weeks ago; a horrible crime believed to have been committed by immigrants from Alberta.

The official crime rate here is substantially higher than the UK in most respects (e.g. about 5x the murder rate), but the actual crimes we run into are insignificant compared to where I used to live in Surrey (e.g. chavs having a bit of a larf by setting cars on fire in the street). Probably because the police are actually out patrolling the streets, rather than sitting in an office eating donuts, filling out forms and oggling womens' cleavage on CCTV, and it seems to be substantially more difficult to _be_ a chav over here, because living your life on welfare seems to be much harder.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
What would you say to a Polish Moslem person? Bet you didn't think of these people, who exist, did you...goes to show how arbitrary stereotyping and line-drawing could never work, even the BNP does not really know what it would do with immigrants if it achieved power

As someone who doesn't even live in the UK, you sure are keen to tell the UK citizens how we should run our lives/think/talk and breathe.

Bogoff!

You know alot of Polish workers here in the UK do you? No! Well, I'm shocked.

Well, they are not exactly racially integrated, and I suspect the Mulim Poles you speak of keep that fact very, very quiet in Poland.

Another dogooder who hasn't a clue of what is going on in the UK.

Goodday Mr Mandelson!

Edited by renterbob

HOLA4415
Yup. I wish it were the somalians going home instead of the Poles.

BTW - WTF are the Somalians? Do we owe them something? Did we colonise them? So why do we tolerate them being here and stabbing everything that has a pulse?

Have you never heard of British Somaliland?

We owned them for five minutes so now we owe them a living forever. :P

I agree that Zims are among the nicest Africans; however, they are still bogus asylum seekers - to be genuine the UK would have to be the nearest safe refuge. Clearly a Zim must have passed through many safe countries to reach the UK.

HOLA4416
As someone who doesn't even live in the UK, you sure are keen to tell the UK citizens how we should run our lives/think/talk and breathe.

Bogoff!

You know alot of Polish workers here in the UK do you? No! Well, I'm shocked.

Well, they are not exactly racially integrated, and I suspect the Mulim Poles you speak of keep that fact very, very quiet in Poland.

Another dogooder who hasn't a clue of what is going on in the UK.

Goodday Mr Mandelson!

I spent 13 years of my life either refusing entry to Poles (and all others ineligible) or subsequently grappling with them to arrest them in sleazy London bedsits before rolling them down to the local nicks then to the airport back to Warsaw, so I reckon I have a damn sight better hands on knowledge of Poles than you do matey, albeit before they could come without restrictions.

My fondest memories of them were of my time working undercover with the Soho (CX) vice squad, fond memories of being paid by you (assuming you have ever paid tax in your miserable sniping life) to have Polish girls' breasts stuck in my face in lap-dancing and pole-dancing nightclubs - only to come back and raid the place a few days later. Happy days... :P

HOLA4417
I spent 13 years of my life either refusing entry to Poles (and all others ineligible) or subsequently grappling with them to arrest them in sleazy London bedsits before rolling them down to the local nicks then to the airport back to Warsaw, so I reckon I have a damn sight better hands on knowledge of Poles than you do matey, albeit before they could come without restrictions.

My fondest memories of them were of my time working undercover with the Soho (CX) vice squad, fond memories of being paid by you (assuming you have ever paid tax in your miserable sniping life) to have Polish girls' breasts stuck in my face in lap-dancing and pole-dancing nightclubs - only to come back and raid the place a few days later. Happy days... :P

CB - don't rise to it - Renterbob is HPC's uber troll AKA Beefheart

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Thanks Kurt. I think you did warn me of that earlier but his pithy comments got to me, which is silly for a woman of my age, dealing with a little boy like him.

Quite - we all rise to his comments on occasions (ask Steve Cook)!

Its funny from your avatar I thought you were a lady - then your last comment about polish girls and their assets made me think you must be a bloke!

So girls can pay for a lap / pole dance too in Soho :lol:

Edited by Kurt Barlow

HOLA4420
Quite - we all rise to hims comments on occasions (ask Steve Cook)!

Its funny from your avatar I thought you were a lady - then your last comment about polish girls and their assets made me think you must be a bloke!

So girls can pay for a lap / pole dance too in Soho :lol:

Might I not be a lady who likes chewing on the furry hamburger? The mystery lives on.... ;)

HOLA4421
Have you never heard of British Somaliland?

We owned them for five minutes so now we owe them a living forever. :P

I agree that Zims are among the nicest Africans; however, they are still bogus asylum seekers - to be genuine the UK would have to be the nearest safe refuge. Clearly a Zim must have passed through many safe countries to reach the UK.

unless you have flown out of zim direct....

HOLA4422
...But what I do have a problem with is the fact that most of my friends work in the building trade and the Poles are virtually bankrupting them.

It works both ways. E.g. thousands of small shop owners in Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary went bankrupt because they couldn't compete with the most popular supermarket chain there... Tesco.

By the way, as a Slovakian living in the UK, I must say I agree people in the UK are not as racist as elsewhere in Europe.

Someone has already mentioned the real reason why Poles (Eastern Europeans) are leaving UK. They came to earn money but UK is not as attractive as it used to be. I know a guy who has been working as a driver in a car hire company in Reading for 3 months now. He's going back to Slovakia since he used to earn more there as a van driver just before he came here.

My wife was a teacher in Slovakia, her salary used to be an equivalent of £100 per month 5 years ago. Teachers in Slovakia earn about £500 now. So there you go.

HOLA4423

"POLAND'S CONSUL general has warned Scotland's honeymoon with hard-working Polish workers is over unless they can be offered wages comparable to those in their homeland."

"Aleksander Dietkow said dramatic improvements to the Polish economy, reformist prime minister Donald Tusk's election last year, and the zloty's strength against the pound have meant Polish salaries are now similar to those in the UK."

http://www.sundayherald.com/news/heraldnew...stem_exodus.php

HOLA4424
unless you have flown out of zim direct....

I would be amazed if British Airways had not pulled the Harare - LHR route years ago, and I doubt the Zimbabwe national airline is still flying to the UK? If I am right, then any flight from Harare to London must go via another country and Nationalist is correct, the asylum punter is supposed to claim there, even if in transit.

However, on the final leg into London the "snakehead" agents on the plane used to flush the fake passports down the loo, then once the applicant wanders up to the immigration control they would have conveniently forgotten what route they took to get there - in the absence of torture, we were unable to ascertain which country, if any, they should be returned to hence the Uk would get lumbered with the asylum claim to process. Used to make my blood boil since any genuine refugee flees for the border, and does not get involved with intricate and expensive travel arrangements to get to the premium english speaking benefits-rich country they can get to once their cows etc are sold to pay the snakeheads.

Back to topic - we used to love dealing with Poles since, by and large, they were indeed pleasant and amenable folks, even when banged up or handcuffed they would still smile. And I cannot recall a single instance of any Pole perping benefits fraud

HOLA4425

I thought the bogus label related to their specific claim, not that they had passed through safe countries.