House Price Crash Forum

Agent Turns Swap-shop For Houses

HOLA441

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7502301.stm

Richard Elliott-Ogden has just bought a £500,000 beachside apartment, by handing over his £70,000 Maserati sports car in part exchange.

It is the latest innovative idea from estate agents desperate to reinvigorate the property market.

Plymouth agent Trathen is offering to part exchange anything of value from jewellery to Jet Skis.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
I think it's an innovative way of trading so I can exchange an asset that's depreciating in value for one that given a long period of time will only increase in value."

He could well be right you know.....

Even though it's an ugly pile of cr@p now, that Maserati will probably have gained a fair bit as a classic in fifty years time :lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
I'm all for swap shops.

I'll offer to swap £70,000 for a 3-bedroom semi in a decent area.

I would argue they are maybe worth 80k but you know that during a bust property prices often under shoot fair value so it's my guess you will get what you seek if you hold out for 2 years.

Crap flats are not going to sell as FTB's will leap frog that part of the ladder just like they did last time which will leave the door open for professinal landlords to make a killing as swipe them up for 12-14 X income.

Yes friends the game has changed untill we see the results of the banks turning back on the credit tap and then seeing if people are still as stupid as they had been in borrowing as much as they can.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410