House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikhail Liebenstein

Shoplifting 'epidemic' Costs Millions

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-bus...rticle.do"

Is this the beginning of a new crime wave as hard pressed consumers resort to theft?

For a moment I thought I was going to hear tales of theft of high value items from luxury retailers by organised gangs.

But no. Here we are talking about shops including Iceland.

Added an s: my sticky ring finger keeps missing the keyboard

Guest Bart of Darkness
It's out of control.
Retailers say police don't have targets for reducing business crime and often regard shoplifting as not worth pursuing.
Walker revealed one of his store managers from a London branch of Iceland is facing prosecution after detaining a shoplifter.

In a very concise form you have the what and the why of this current mess.

Stuart Hall will be back in vogue before you know it.

The English are of course a nation of thieves!!

So basically you can just walk in to shops and steal things. The police won't bother to pursue it. And dont worry, if the shop staff try and stop you they will be arrested and prosecuted.

Guest Bart of Darkness
The English are of course a nation of thieves!!

We built an Empire on that principle, so maybe this is merely the start of something bigger?

China had better keep an eye on Hong Kong before some scallies half-inch it for the glory of the motherland.

We built an Empire on that principle, so maybe this is merely the start of something bigger?

China had better keep an eye on Hong Kong before some scallies half-inch it for the glory of the motherland.

Anyone want to buy an Elgin marble?

So basically you can just walk in to shops and steal things. The police won't bother to pursue it. And dont worry, if the shop staff try and stop you they will be arrested and prosecuted.

Last month in Cambridge two chav kids walk into WH Smiths, they pick up as many music and lad mags as they can and calmly walk out of the shop. I point it out to the person serving me at the till and was told "It's not worth persuing them.". I point out that I'd rather not pay for what I'm buying so I'll just take it with me. At that point he reminds me that he'll have to call security if I do. So, apparently they only persue the soft targets. :huh:

Edit: Hmm.. if I press carriage return it submits. :(

I was in aldi a couple of weeks ago when some chav suddenly ran out of the shop with a box of bacon - the staff gave chase, but he got away.

The police aren't interested in crime anymore, in fact I think the Police are becoming an increasingly pointless expense to the nation!

I've seen people going door to door selling shoplifted stuff around here and taking orders, no sign of the police.

Shoplifting figures will fall this year, theres much more money to be made nicking scrap nowadays.

Last month in Cambridge two chav kids walk into WH Smiths, they pick up as many music and lad mags as they can and calmly walk out of the shop. I point it out to the person serving me at the till and was told "It's not worth persuing them.". I point out that I'd rather not pay for what I'm buying so I'll just take it with me. At that point he reminds me that he'll have to call security if I do. So, apparently they only persue the soft targets. :huh:

Edit: Hmm.. if I press carriage return it submits. :(

Boring factoid alert. I worked there part-time for 3 years (1995 - 1998) while I was at university (Anglia Polytechnic University).

Happy days. :rolleyes:

Organic chickens being tagged against shoplifters at Sainsbury's?

Is there a new class of shoplifter out there?

Surely Islington dinner parties aren't featuring tables groaning with nicked food?

Where is this all leading?

I was in aldi a couple of weeks ago when some chav suddenly ran out of the shop with a box of bacon - the staff gave chase, but he got away.

The police aren't interested in crime anymore, in fact I think the Police are becoming an increasingly pointless expense to the nation!

If the chav wan ker had a knife, at least good old Gordon would have been on his trail. I guess though if the stolen item was bacon the police won't be looking for a muslim!!

The Police are so busy they are having to turn the other cheek to lesser offences. It would help if PCSO's were given more power, most want it anyway. Taking Police away from traffic duties would also help. Technology can do that job for them.

The Police are so busy they are having to turn the other cheek to lesser offences. It would help if PCSO's were given more power, most want it anyway. Taking Police away from traffic duties would also help. Technology can do that job for them.

But if you are a normal person and you have a market stall and your kiwi fruit are 1mm under diameter or maybe 4 grams under regulation size then the EU will want to phuck you and send you to prison for life.

Once all of is shite is sorted out I might return to the currently phucked up country that is the UK!

Get a phucking grip!

Guest Bart of Darkness
The Police are so busy

I thought crime was supposed to be falling?

I hope that you joking?