House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Laura

Govt To Introduce Emergency House Sales Legislation

Due to the unprecedented & unexpected fall off in house sales the govt has been forced to introduce measures to force sellers to accept the offers they receive & if they are moving to another property the vendor they are buying from must also accept the same offer in percentage terms.

Housing Minister the Rt. Hon. Yvette Cooper said :- "This may sound harsh & dictatorial but if you look at closely it is quite the opposite. Many British people are willing to accept an offer on their property providing the people they are buying from will also reduce. It is the intransigence of some people that is preventing the market from working & causing damage to the British economy. We trust people will see the sense in this legislation

Without it there would need to be a rise in income tax due to lost VAT & stamp duty. The Labour govt believes in low tax & for this to work everyone must pull together".

I heard different. I understood the government were going to force buyers to pay the asking price! :lol::lol:

Stop it at once blankster. You are just being silly!

I heard different. I understood the government were going to force buyers to pay the asking price! :lol::lol:

Makes sense, that way they get to keep stamp duty receipts at the proper level.