House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bendy

Ok So If This Is Going To Be As Bad As/worse Than The Great Depression

was it the same greed, corruption and stupidity that caused the depression?

was there a massive rise in personal 'wealth' during the 20's?

or was it monopoly?

come to think of it germany didn't fare so bad during the 30's, in preperation for war - is that the only line of any economic activity we have left now? will the targeting of iran and north korea intensify?

:unsure:

or was it monopoly?

come to think of it germany didn't fare so bad during the 30's, in preperation for war - is that the only line of any economic activity we have left now? will the targeting of iran and north korea intensify?

Yep, the 20's were boomtime for the world as the bankers pumped everything to the stars.

Then the bankers pulled the funding, causing the depression. Once this was achieved they took over the US/UK etc governments and placed the taxpayers as collateral. (Birth certificates were introduced so that the bankers could headcount how much they were getting from the government and bonds issued against the children.)

This scheme has worked well for the bankers for the last 7 decades but now it's natural life has ended and the whole shoddy edifice of paper is comig crashing down around their ears. Good I say and I'll add ****** 'em too.

The government spying on your every move, prices going through the roof, the wealthy growing richer at the expense of everybody else, suppression of free thought, poverty, despair.....

That was 1930's Germany - it'll never happen here! LOL

what/whose is the 57/67 year theory? think i first saw it on here, would like to reread.

think it was split into blocks of 8.5 years or something :unsure:

or was it monopoly?

rather similar yes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_depression#Debt

in the 1920s, American consumers and businesses relied on cheap credit, the former to purchase consumer goods such as automobiles and furniture and the latter for capital investment to increase production. This fueled strong short-term growth but created consumer and commercial debt. People and businesses who were deeply in debt when price deflation occurred or demand for their product decreased often risked default. Many drastically cut current spending to keep up time payments, thus lowering demand for new products. Businesses began to fail as construction work and factory orders plunged.

Massive layoffs occurred, resulting in unemployment rates of over 25%. (US) Banks which had financed this debt began to fail as debtors defaulted on debt and depositors became worried about their deposits and began massive withdrawals. Government guarantees and Federal Reserve banking regulations to prevent these types of panics were ineffective or not used. Bank failures led to the loss of billions of dollars in assets.

The debt became heavier, because prices and incomes fell 20–50% but the debts remained at the same dollar amount. After the panic of 1929, and during the first 10 months of 1930, 744 US banks failed. (In all, 9,000 banks failed during the 1930s). By 1933, depositors had lost $140 billion in deposits.[8]

Bank failures snowballed as desperate bankers called in loans which the borrowers did not have time or money to repay. With future profits looking poor, capital investment and construction slowed or completely ceased. In the face of bad loans and worsening future prospects, the surviving banks became even more conservative in their lending.[8] Banks built up their capital reserves and made fewer loans, which intensified deflationary pressures. A vicious cycle developed and the downward spiral accelerated. This kind of self-aggravating process may have turned a 1930 recession into a 1933 great depression.

Edited by JimmyMac

Birth certificates were introduced so that the bankers could headcount how much they were getting from the government and bonds issued against the children.

do you just make things up?

what/whose is the 57/67 year theory? think i first saw it on here, would like to reread.

think it was split into blocks of 8.5 years or something :unsure:

Kondratieff

I didn't know the Great Depression was in 1837.

You don't have to register your children.

IF YOU DO then they are owned by the state and you are left with equitaible possesion of them. That is - you get protections and services (schools and so forth) in return for doing what you are told (immunise them etc.)

Once the state has it's known tax base, then it can borrow aginst projected future earnings and also issue bonds. The more people who are registered, the more they can borrow and the more they can issue bonds.

Pretty simple, really.

must have been grim cos the world was in black and white in those days.

One thing is for sure it's worth stocking up on food and a few tools for self protection as the police can not be bothered to defend us now let alone during civil unrest.

Policemen are not going to sit by why they have guns and family members are going hungry

I had a great time in the 20s

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
You don't have to register your children.

IF YOU DO then they are owned by the state and you are left with equitaible possesion of them. That is - you get protections and services (schools and so forth) in return for doing what you are told (immunise them etc.)

Once the state has it's known tax base, then it can borrow aginst projected future earnings and also issue bonds. The more people who are registered, the more they can borrow and the more they can issue bonds.

Pretty simple, really.

Get back in your tent you ******ing hippy.

Get back in your tent you ******ing hippy.

Ooooh MY tent now is it?

That's not what you were telling me when I wanted to build that extension!

Ooooh MY tent now is it?

That's not what you were telling me when I wanted to build that extension!

You can build an extension that looks like a giant spunking **** for all I care.

As long as you stay up North.

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Punchlines:

1. And in your 30s, 40s and 50s...

2. You're not that old.

3. yeah, that kind of heat melts an ice cube real quick ;)

2. You're not that old.

sr-flap.jpg

Would I lie to you?

I'm expecting you to be on every page of the HPC calendar.