House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dude wheres my house

Ftse Closes Down 2.69% Today

apparently bad news isnt good anymore

Don't count on it!

Weak data - Fed eases, stocks rally.

Strong data - Strong economy, stocks rally.

Consensus data - Lower volatility, stocks rally.

Bank loses US$ 8 billion -Bad news all out of the way, stocks rally.

Oil price up - Good for energy producers, stocks rally.

Oil price down - Good for consumers, stocks rally.

US$ down - Good for exporters, stocks rally.

US$ up - Lower inflation, stocks rally.

Inflation up Good for commodities and asset prices, stocks rally.

Inflation down - Fed eases, stocks rally.

Soft commodities up, stocks rally.

World ends - Good for disaster recovery companies, stocks rally.

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/11072008/325/ftse-...e-oct-2005.html

FTSE falls 2.7% to lowest close since Oct 2005

All the Banks got hit, Kingfisher, M&S, market is just clubbing the unconscious bodies.

London close: Worst finish since 2005ShareCast (Fri 5:02pm) FTSE ends deep in bear territory [at Financial Times]Financial Times (Fri 3:55pm) Market overview: Slow recovery continuesShareCast (Fri 3:44pm) London afternoon: Footsie slips furtherShareCast (Fri 2:43pm) FTSE deep in bear territory as oil hits record [at Financial Times]Financial Times (Fri 1:50pm) London midday: Footsie falls below 5400ShareCast (Fri 12:27pm) This Week's Market Movers (Fri 12:00pm) FTSE loses gains as retailers fall [at Financial Times]Financial Times (Fri 10:55am) Footsie slips closer to bear territory [at Financial Times]Financial Times (Thu 9:50pm) London close: Footsie deep in the red

Bradford and Bingley fighting back .........how pathetic :rolleyes:

Last Trade: 47.50 p

Trade Time: 4:35PM

Change: + 2.25 (4.97%) Prev Close: 45.25

Open: 48.00

Bid: 47.25

Ask: 47.50

1y Target Est: 71.88p

Edited by grey shark

apparently bad news isnt good anymore

The fact that we are facing the worst house price crash of all time is still helping builder stocks though:

TAYLOR WIMPEY 37.75 2.75 +7.86%

Whoever is buying these shares must not be listening to the news huh?

:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though, I think we are about to see some big drops in the SMs, not just the odd 200 pointer, but more like 500-600 point drops. There is not much to look forward to on the economic front with housing doing a LOT worse than the fibbing EAs were telling everyone and all that house debt has imploded leaving the entire system on the verge of structural (not cyclical) collapse.

DJ INDUSTR AVERAGE (DJI:^DJI)

Index Value: 11,010.98

Trade Time: 5:36PM

Change: 218.04 (1.94%)

I don't think the US builder stock is geting many buyers.

What chance that next week will see the FTSE100 drop below 5000?

That woud be rather dramatic. ;)

20:1

Odds on.

Edited by Realistbear

So the FTSE is back to where it was in October 2005 and house prices are back to where they were

in 2006, yeah but.......

Hang on, the FTSE is back to where it was a decade ago! All those private pension salesmen who based their pitches on 9% compound annual growth have got some explaining to do.

Not something we should wish for .... we all depend, one way of another on this system! (love it or hate it)

The system needs bringing down and i think that might happen witghout any help from me and whilst we are about it i think it time we kicked the politicians out and started from scratch again as they are all corupt and are not doing as the public want.

i'm off out now to see if i can get someone to stab me.

Hang on, the FTSE is back to where it was a decade ago! All those private pension salesmen who based their pitches on 9% compound annual growth have got some explaining to do.

You just encapsulated in two lines everything that's wrong with private pensions.

I think we are close to a shock now - Freddie and Fannie may provide it along with numerous banks all reporting next week.

I think, if it happens, it will be good for the economy in the longer-term. This recession/crash is going to happen so why not get it over with ASAP and then get on the road to recovery.

Ah, I forgot... the US election.

At least they still reaped the benefit of the dividends.. oh, wait, no that was the chancellor :rolleyes:

I will take you on with those odds. Let me know how much you want to bet

Don't do it RB. Something like this might happen:

dbrn43l.jpg

What chance that next week will see the FTSE100 drop below 5000?

That woud be rather dramatic. ;)

20:1

Odds on.

I will take you on with those odds. Let me know how much you want to bet
Don't do it RB. Something like this might happen:

dbrn43l.jpg

I'm curious RB. Did you take our self-proclaimed guardian of the FTSE up on his challenge? Looking good if you did.

Back to Sept. '97 prices now. Buy and hold just won't work again until c2017?. The stock markets are for traders only these days. Everyone else should get the **** out and are doing from the look of it.

I'm curious RB. Did you take our self-proclaimed guardian of the FTSE up on his challenge? Looking good if you did.

Unfortunately not. I say unfortunately as I would've hedged it an made a guaranteed profit.

Back to Sept. '97 prices now. Buy and hold just won't work again until c2017?. The stock markets are for traders only these days. Everyone else should get the **** out and are doing from the look of it.

It's actually back to the same levels as 2006