House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Longinthetooth

The Sims - Housepricecrash Version

How do you go about getting a patent on this idea?

The most important thing is, under no circumstances, do you post your idea onto an internet forum.

Doh.

We should do a HousePriceCrash version of Monopoly.

You get to be:-

- The Developer

- The Greedy BTLer

- The FTBer

- The Bankster

- Central Banker

- The Chancellor

etc....

You get to buy/sell/mortgage/MEW etc properties all around the country. If you've not gone bankrupt in the credit crunch - you win!!

Will you build a pwoperty portfolio after going to a property club seminar, buy shares in a BTL bank or invest in PMs and oil futures?

Runner?

What about a reverse Pac-Man idea?

Pac-Man represents the government and the banks and he goes around hoovering up all the sub-prime backed securities. The four power pills represent central bank liquidity injections.

The 4 ghosts trying to prevent the financial system eating itself completely are Injin, Financial Planner, Realist Bear and right_freds_dead.

How do you go about getting a patent on this idea?

Isn't there already a Sim City? I seem to remember you can cram your tenants into city blocks, deny them electricity/water and charge extortionate rents. Sooner or later they riot and storm the posh parts of town... so nothing like reality then :D

Presumably your Sims would start off with a large, well furnished house, and slowly have to flog possessions off? I presume the lil' buggers would still spend most of their time either looking for the toilet or trying to hump each other though...

Will you build a pwoperty portfolio

i knew there was some famous posters here - it's only jonathan 'paid too ******ing much' woss.

- The Developer

- The Greedy BTLer

- The FTBer

- The Bankster

- Central Banker

- The Chancellor

etc....

You get to buy/sell/mortgage/MEW etc properties all around the country. If you've not gone bankrupt in the credit crunch - you win!!

Will you build a pwoperty portfolio after going to a property club seminar, buy shares in a BTL bank or invest in PMs and oil futures?

Runner?

This just made me remember, didn't they make a modern version of Monopoly where houses cost like £500k etc....

They might need to revise that now.

- The Developer

- The Greedy BTLer

- The FTBer

- The Bankster

- Central Banker

- The Chancellor

etc....

Runner?

I think we could use your characters for a financial version of 'Cluedo' to be called 'Who Fecked Up The Economy?'

I.E. It was the Central Banker at the Bank of England with the interest rates and so on and so on.

Guest Skint Academic

- The Developer

- The Greedy BTLer

- The FTBer

- The Bankster

- Central Banker

- The Chancellor

etc....

Runner?

Good idea except you could keep it as close to the orginal as possible. So at the beginning of the game you are trying to build up your portfolio as quickly as possible by mortgaging everything you have up to the hilt, then when there's nothing left to buy the credit crunch hits. Before the credit crunch hits the prices are increasing so you trying to buy everything sooner rather than later to reduce your debts, and after the credit crunch hits the prices start falling so you try to sell your stuff sooner rather than later to get the best price and to avoid margin calls.

wubba gubba floretad fotuna cwash berang wallaroop hiuces

Isn't there already a Sim City? I seem to remember you can cram your tenants into city blocks, deny them electricity/water and charge extortionate rents. Sooner or later they riot and storm the posh parts of town... so nothing like reality then :D

Threre are several series of Sim City games, and I love them. you can't actually charge rent, you can only charge them taxes & change the rates (Its american, and its equivelent to council tax). Its a cool game and very addictive.

Damn makes me wanna build a city now......

Edit: Incredibly poor explaination

Edited by SickofRenting