House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pamery

Latest London Rents - Any Views?

Am about to start a search for a new place in W/NW London. Currently rent a 1 bedroom place in W2 paying around £400 pw, but need to move to a place with 2 beds (family has grown from 2 to 3) and ideally cheaper, so less central. We are thinking W6 (Hammersmith), W14 Baron's Court or somewhere around Queen's Park (NW6). ANy feedback from people currently looking or undergoing rental negotiations on would be most welcome - how is the market, what kind of discounts, if any, have people managed to negotiaite, any tips on renting privately?

Am about to start a search for a new place in W/NW London. Currently rent a 1 bedroom place in W2 paying around £400 pw, but need to move to a place with 2 beds (family has grown from 2 to 3) and ideally cheaper, so less central. We are thinking W6 (Hammersmith), W14 Baron's Court or somewhere around Queen's Park (NW6). ANy feedback from people currently looking or undergoing rental negotiations on would be most welcome - how is the market, what kind of discounts, if any, have people managed to negotiaite, any tips on renting privately?

i'm in the same position as well, looking to move sometime end of this year. however, i'm looking for somewhere nearer to Baron's Court and/or Earls Court or somewhere south of the river nearer to my work place in Kensington. any advise guys?

put the post code into rightmove or find a property and you should get a good idea on rental costs.

The rental market is somewhat rocky at the moment and very much in favour for the wanting tenant. Lots of properties coming on the market from people not able to sell. Not enough tenants to go round at the present time, though sadly that will change when people start getting homes repossessed.

Stay away from agents like Foxtons because they will always demand unreasonable rents.

I would always make an offer on a property but that offer can't get too silly because in the present climate the landlord is very probably going to be subsidising your rent. You have to work out how much you can afford and your landlord has to work out how much he can afford to drop.

Edited by DemolitionRed

Sorry guys,

The closest I looked at for renting was my "old manor" around Maida Vale. The good news for me, was that rents were no higher than when I last looked at this area, 2 years ago.

Hi there,

I just looked at 2bed flats so I could compare to last time. Similar flats were in the 400-500 per week range. I saw some flats that I looked at last 2 years ago (or more) still listed at 450 pw.