House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ccc

Edinburgh Sales Drop 36% Yoy....

Thought I would add this as Edinburgh is forever seen by the sheeple as one of those 'It won't happen here' places..

Edinburgh News

House sales slump but prices 'will stay steady'

Yes you heard that correctly. Sales have collapsed but prices will remain unaffected.... :blink:

The ESPC (Edinburgh property cartel of EA's) have trimmed their predictions for 2008 from 4% rises, to 2% rises to 0%....

Things don't sit at Zero !! They either go up or down. :rolleyes:

The only reason the average sale price has not plummeted is because the bottom of the market has collapsed. Therefore the small number of higher prices sales are skewing the figures upwards. There are so many one/two bed flats in Edinburgh up for sale it is incredible.

In my opinion Edinburgh has just hit the cliff and slipped over the edge . The sheeple are finally awaking from their 'But it will be different here' slumber.

It is going to get interesting.

Have a look at some of the comments. Comedy genius from the bulls*.

* Yes they do still exist up here in Edinburgh !!

Typical Edinburgh VI's :rolleyes:

I know someone who has been looking to sell in Edinburgh since Feb. Started at O/O.

Moved to FP in April. Reduced price last month.

Nothing....not even a sausage.

Every EA they meet says the same thing. The market has stalled and there will be carnage after the summer as sellers start to grasp reality and those that have to sell will slash their prices.

Friend is looking at -20% from what they paid 2 yrs ago :o

Assuming a bank will lend the buyer the money...........................

A lot of for sale signs up in Edinburgh now, I think we are close to a realisation that something has changed dramatically. I don`t really log them, but there are a lot of signs that I pass by that have been up for many months. It will be interesting watching the sheeple adjust to the new reality. Of course in Edinburgh there are many canny punters who will be pissing themselves as it all comes down, and there are plenty in social/super cheap housing as well, but I think Edinburgh has a good proportion of "City Trendies" who will have gulped down the bait like a Great White at chumming time (we`re going to need a bigger posher flat, all our friends have got one). They are surely f*cked? ("Don`t call me surely" "Whats an excecutive newbuild?" - "A big building with no lights in it" )

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Ach noo. Ye willnae find hoose preeces gwan doon un Edimbra. It's the offahs above thing ya see.

Ach noo. Ye willnae find hoose preeces gwan doon un Edimbra. It's the offahs above thing ya see.

You've been getting a good deal of practice, but your accent still isn't very convincing. Have you considered signing up with a voice coach?