House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Colour

Metro: Megabucks Managers Money Malaise

It's not just the Porsches and the expensive lunches that are being credit-crunched down in the City – mistresses of high fliers are also feeling the pinch.

Nearly half of analysts, stockbrokers and hedge fund managers say 'the other woman' is first to get the chop as they cut their spending habits.

Divorces have also soared as City bonuses fell for the first time in five years last month.

'The biggest concern is among those who have been married for between three and seven years, with those who have been married less than two years least concerned, reflecting either the honeymoon period lasts for up to three years or new wives have had less time to get used to the high life.'

Paints such a happy picture of life in the square mile.

I'm sure lap dancers and pole dancers, high-'class' prostitutes and drug dealers are also feeling the squeeze. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

As the husband of a high flying woman married for nealy 20 years I can certainly say that I am feeling my position is less secure than it was.

Still, I did just cook her lunch so should be alright until tomorrow morning. Also fed her nice bottle of red that she blagged off the hotel we are staying at - so she is feeling mellow.

EDIT: We shall now be retreating to our room for the afternoon of l'amoure which will consist of flicking between CNBC and aand Bloomberg TV watching the death spiral of Fannie Mae and Fedie Mac.

Edited by Wad

Hmm. Surely it's the 'other woman' who does the chopping?

No man is going to say 'sorry darling, you can't be my mistress anymore as I can't afford it - have to let you go'.

He's more likely to say 'sorry love, the studio flat in Dolphin Square will have to go, as will the car, the fur coats and the pocket money - but how's about changing our meetings to the Map of Africa Guest House, King's Cross instead - and if you're lucky I'll buy you supper at Wetherspoon's as well'.

That's what I'd do anyway.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
As the husband of a high flying woman married for nealy 20 years I can certainly say that I am feeling my position is less secure than it was.

Still, I did just cook her lunch so should be alright until tomorrow morning. Also fed her nice bottle of red that she blagged off the hotel we are staying at - so she is feeling mellow.

EDIT: We shall now be retreating to our room for the afternoon of l'amoure which will consist of flicking between CNBC and aand Bloomberg TV watching the death spiral of Fannie Mae and Fedie Mac.

Go on, give her a porking.

I wouldn't feel insecure about marrying an air stewardess..

sounds like heaven

Guest Bart of Darkness
I wouldn't feel insecure about marrying an air stewardess..

Maybe he's married to Supergirl?