House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

House Sale Nightmare - Daily Mail Two Page Spread

It doesn't have a happy beginning either, young husband dying suddenly of a stroke. It only says he was a 'retail manager' so not sure how they ended up in their first 6-bedroom house, with kids at private school etc.

Quite a tragical tale of human woe, though there is the usual unreality about the buyer earning £1,500 month hoping to downsize (for the second time) to Evesham, close to the childrens private school. She released £100k by selling the first house, and spent £90k doing up the second.

If the government really wanted to do something sensible, they might start not by abolishing stamp duty, but by sorting out the chronic house buying process.

This seems to cause as much anguish as the ever decreasing offers: surveyors valuation less than estate agents valuations, reduced offers, unapproved mortgages just before exchange, buyer not knowing if they need a mortgage, collapsed sale.

DISGRACE_copy.jpg

post-3117-1215798413_thumb.jpg

Hang on a moment. Sympathy of course that she lost a young husband tragically, but wait: she "has a BMW X3", and she sends her children to private school, then spent £90,000 doing the place up. And now she wonders why she is in the soup? Sorry but this is not the kind of story which is promising as a tale of woe where housing is concerned. The tale of woe is in the loss of her husband. Everything else is caused by her own financial stupidity.

VP

Hang on a moment. Sympathy of course that she lost a young husband tragically, but wait: she "has a BMW X3", and she sends her children to private school, then spent £90,000 doing the place up. And now she wonders why she is in the soup? Sorry but this is not the kind of story which is promising as a tale of woe where housing is concerned. The tale of woe is in the loss of her husband. Everything else is caused by her own financial stupidity.

VP

i'll second all the above and add on that she also appears to have a mortgage.

She is basically wanting / expecting someone else, possibly a family, to pay for her family's current lifestyle, children's education, big car etc. etc.

Basically she can't afford the lifestyle she has chosen.

1) She chose that house rather than a smaller one

2) She has chosen to buy an BMW X3

3) She earns around £18,000 after tax, but pays out nearly £20,000 in school fees alone.

Next weeks article - Sinking Feeling bitches about how the bank took his Aston Martin DB9 when he didn't keep up with the repayments!

Poor woman, how many others are like this? People with young families who can't remortgage, can't sell, who face redundancy. yes she's a complete muppet, but she was just trying to live the dream sold by our corrupt system.

We are heading for a depression like the 30s, simple as that, and misery will turn to despair.

My advice to anyone on this forum is not to gloat and now keep quiet about how right you were.

Is this or is this not a typical example of someone who is living above their means!

I earn about £1,500 a month

That's £18K per year

Petrol prices are beginning to soar, and driving the children on the 50-mile round trip to school is costing me £500 a month in petrol.

£6K per year on petrol! Time to ditch the car or buy a place within walking distance of your work and the kids school

The children's school fees are £2,000 each a term, so that's almost £20,000 a year with their music lessons and extras, and I can't possibly cover that with my salary.

Downsizing is the only option.

Yea downsizing to a 2 bedroom detached would probably make her mortgage free, private school, what about public school! Just saved yourself nearly £20K per year

I feel utterly sick, and realise that any chance of financial stability is slipping away from me.

But what can I do? We have to move. I can't afford to stay here. I swallow and say I'll accept the reduced offer as long as we exchange this Monday. She agrees.

These people play the "Victim" card so well, time for a reality check! Sadly she still doesn't get it.

Poor woman, how many others are like this? People with young families who can't remortgage, can't sell, who face redundancy. yes she's a complete muppet, but she was just trying to live the dream sold by our corrupt system.

We are heading for a depression like the 30s, simple as that, and misery will turn to despair.

My advice to anyone on this forum is not to gloat and now keep quiet about how right you were.

Fair point but I just cannot feel sympathy for some of these people, this women in particular has a whole host of options that will result in a lower standard of living but it would result in better financial security for her family but instead of actively changing things to adapt to the reality of the situation we are going to end up with millions of people just complaining and playing the victim card when they could have been making plans to prepare for what is coming.

After just reading about how city whores are suffering from the credit crunch I expect the week after next's article will be:

"How boom-boom turned to bust for a high class city call girl after her creditors had her over a barrel- a blow by blow account"

But the article is nonsense.

Little details like the fact that the nearest fee-paying school to Evesham is in Stratford.

I think that fact undermines the whole article.

Also - I can't think for the life of me where there is a four-bedroom five-year-old house in Evesham worth what she was wanting to pay.

So, with these lies, can we even believe her husband is dead? Do we believe a retail manager could afford such an expensive (and, my god, ugly) house in the first place?

But the article is nonsense.

Little details like the fact that the nearest fee-paying school to Evesham is in Stratford.

I think that fact undermines the whole article.

Also - I can't think for the life of me where there is a four-bedroom five-year-old house in Evesham worth what she was wanting to pay.

So, with these lies, can we even believe her husband is dead? Do we believe a retail manager could afford such an expensive (and, my god, ugly) house in the first place?

Exactly - doesn't stack up at all

I already commented that I couldn't find this house for sale, but just now I noticed the front garden - I can't believe that barren, scorched lawn could have been caused by weather anywhere in the UK so far this year.

Exactly - doesn't stack up at all

I already commented that I couldn't find this house for sale, but just now I noticed the front garden - I can't believe that barren, scorched lawn could have been caused by weather anywhere in the UK so far this year.

Very good point - is it late August already? Did I just miss a very hot summer? I live in her neck of the woods - everything's horribly green right now.

Either way, how can anyone expect so much for such an ugly house when it's surrounded by barren unkempt grass? Where did she spend all that improvement money?

There's some serious fibbing going on here.

No sympathy whatsoever, even if her husband is dead. She wants to downsize? I can show her half a dozen very nice four-bedroom homes in Evesham for about the 200 grand mark.

Also - she should get out the gym and get behind a push-along lawnmower.

Silly cow.

And her son needs a slap for wearing jeans with those shoes and turning up his collar. My mother always told me not to trust anyone who turned their collar up like that.

I hope she doesn't move to Evesham, we could well do without her and her awful braying children.

I left a comment about how her excessive overspending over the past 8 years is what has left her in hti situation

X3

Gym membership

£20,000 a year school memberships

Is she really f**king taking hte p*ss or what??

Unsurprising the bleeding hearts like the twats on MSE didnt publish it

No-one able to tell it like it is anymore...just bullsheete hugs and kisses and no responsibility or accountability for anything in this country..!!!!

I read this article earlier today and just knew that it would come on here lol, I can't have any sympathy for this woman I'm afraid. Maybe she should get real like the rest of us, comprehensive school never did me or my boys any harm, so maybe she should rethink her outgoings. :rolleyes:

I was expecting this thread.

A woman whose outgoings far exceed her income, and expects the shortfall to be funded indefinitely by the release of unearned gains acquired via the property bubble.

No sympathy whatsoever. Champagne tastes and beer income has never been a good idea.