House Price Crash Forum
benj

This Morning's Metro Cartoon

Guest Shedfish

excellent -

i also liked the cartoon in a signature (can't remember who...)

buyer to EA - "How much is this one?"

(pause)

buyer to EA - "How much is it now?"

I'm not being funny but seriously just imagine that you had loaned yourself up to the eyeballs to get on this supposedly never ending "ladder" sacrificing all your money and social life to live in a shitty house or even one thats ok but too expensive and you are about to see a chunk of it's "value" wiped clean off.

I bet there are going to be some very sick, angry and depressed people around soon.

Makes you wonder what the state of the nation will be like without all this false wealth, we have literally being living a hollow dream for 10 years, Maybe people will start going back into social clubs and drink cheap bitter and lager when they realise they cant sustain the lifestyle anymore and realise that snobbery and snubbing your friends was not the way to go.

I'm not being funny but seriously just imagine that you had loaned yourself up to the eyeballs to get on this supposedly never ending "ladder" sacrificing all your money and social life to live in a shitty house or even one thats ok but too expensive and you are about to see a chunk of it's "value" wiped clean off.

I bet there are going to be some very sick, angry and depressed people around soon.

Makes you wonder what the state of the nation will be like without all this false wealth, we have literally being living a hollow dream for 10 years, Maybe people will start going back into social clubs and drink cheap bitter and lager when they realise they cant sustain the lifestyle anymore and realise that snobbery and snubbing your friends was not the way to go.

Big plus one to that!!

Guest Winnie

I am seeing wide-spread middle-class grumpiness and am sensing a rise in crime. We will have Minnie Driver shoplifters before this is out!

As the Portishead song goes "You don't get something for nothing...do you?"

Millions of otherwise functioning muppets allowed greed to cloud common sense over the last few years and the resulting sense of bitterness that it was misjudged is palpable all around. I am also hearing of EAs getting a lot of "lip" generally from punters and casual passers by

I am seeing wide-spread middle-class grumpiness and am sensing a rise in crime. We will have Minnie Driver shoplifters before this is out!

As the Portishead song goes "You don't get something for nothing...do you?"

Millions of otherwise functioning muppets allowed greed to cloud common sense over the last few years and the resulting sense of bitterness that it was misjudged is palpable all around. I am also hearing of EAs getting a lot of "lip" generally from punters and casual passers by

Interesting you shoudl say that... only yesterday I was thinking of posting a thread asking whether the country had suddenly got 'nastier' in the past few weeks. I hacve certainly noticed, in the past 2 or so weeks, a sudden rise in grumpiness, rudeness and people looking very stressed whilst I have been out and about. Perhaps it coincides with this sudden shock which the country seems to be now experiencing re the economy, house prices and all that.

Maybe it is finally hitting home?

Millions of otherwise functioning muppets allowed greed to cloud common sense over the last few years and the resulting sense of bitterness that it was misjudged is palpable all around.

My biggest concern is for families. We've heard so much about the Bank of Mum and Dad bending over backwards to help get their kids on the property ladder over the last few years... and now those kids are facing a lifetime of wage slavery with no prospect of a bailout, because BoM&D turns out not to be as well-capitalised as everyone thought. Because BoM&D's economic analysis was based on their board members' experience of rising productivity, wages and general economic strength in the latter half of the twentieth century. Because BoM&D's management hallucinated a property ladder stretching to heaven, and they pushed their children onto it in the name of "wanting the best for them". But when those children realise that the top of the ladder isn't resting on anything, and no-one is there to hold the bottom of it either, they're not going to be happy at all.

Don't get it, why is rung two going up in flames? The housing ladder got destroyed 5-6 years ago.

Quite, logically the very high rung first should be seen as falling and all the other rungs getting closer and closer.....

Edited by moosetea

Interesting you shoudl say that... only yesterday I was thinking of posting a thread asking whether the country had suddenly got 'nastier' in the past few weeks. I hacve certainly noticed, in the past 2 or so weeks, a sudden rise in grumpiness, rudeness and people looking very stressed whilst I have been out and about. Perhaps it coincides with this sudden shock which the country seems to be now experiencing re the economy, house prices and all that.

Maybe it is finally hitting home?

i think i did a post or reply about the level of rudeness on the rise, so iam not the only one to see it.

Because BoM&D's management hallucinated a property ladder stretching to heaven, and they pushed their children onto it in the name of "wanting the best for them". But when those children realise that the top of the ladder isn't resting on anything, and no-one is there to hold the bottom of it either, they're not going to be happy at all.

What i see is bank of mum and dad losing their home aswell as their childrens home.

yeah. it should be interesting to see the real side of the nations lifestyle army, faced with living within actual earning power.

how can people go back to social clubs. all smokers have been barred by faceless pushy health police idiots.

all parks around me have had the apparatus cut down. there are no events or fates. no sports fields. just a car boot of 6am nimbys trying to sell old junk for £2 a pop

and never budging on price. one was trying to sell £1 shop calculators for £2.

when i told him they were £1 at the pound shop he just about snatched the thing from me and stuffed it back on his 'semi pro' display set up.

no. lets face it. its going to be good.

Two words: personal responsibility.

Exactly what I was thinking. Anyone who has bought a property in the last ~24 months just hasn't been using their brain.

I actually thought the market was going to collapse at the end of 2005, since then I've just been waiting impatiently for it to happen.

I'm happy now though.

excellent -

i also liked the cartoon in a signature (can't remember who...)

buyer to EA - "How much is this one?"

(pause)

buyer to EA - "How much is it now?"

c'est moi

The cartoon is MATT from the Daily Telegraph.

Edited by beans on toast