House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Laura

& Still They Approach The Slaughter House

& then on another thread:-

"Just some anecdotal reading for you all.

I live in a rather historic market town in Lincolnshire. Prices here are generally perceived to be high, especially in the nicer areas and most people, including my relatives and co-workers see the town as overpriced and almost crash proof. I have been looking at house prices now for almost a year while saving my deposit, and slowly but surely most prices are dropping by 5k here and there.

One house in particular started at 150k dropped to 140k a month later, recently its been up for 120k, and just today it is now up for auction with a guide price of 70k.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetai...a_n=1&tr_t=buy

Does appear to be a repo tho, but still its a big drop from the original asking price in about 6months"

I like the last line; as tho being a repo doesn't count as reality?

LINK, but not worth the visit

I am not impressed by the advice this person has received. ARLA??? This is a purchase, not a rental!! No-one has mentioned that she is rather close to a stamp duty band. Opinions vary as to the extent of the economic crisis, but this is a falling market, and she is nuts to even consider offering over £250,000. The EA sounds dodgy too. She should stay out, stay out, stay out!

Guest Steve Cook
Yet another MSE thread

How do you educate these folk? --- Is it even possible? -- A complete re-programming???

Sadly, you don't.

They will learn the hard way. This is the way of many humans