House Price Crash Forum
gusset

Tripled In Valve In 6 Yeas

I was talking to a friend in a pub today and he told me how his first house almost tripled in value from £760 to £1800 between 1948 and 1954. He then purchased a 2 up, 2 down for £2000, which he has lived in for the last 50+ years. it is now worth £260K. He is safe from a HPC! Although having survived the war to live to 91 he was telling me how no-one these days can be poor like he was as a child - one of 7 children and a father who couldn't work) so our generation doesn't really have anything to fear if the economy turns nasty

I was talking to a friend in a pub today and he told me how his first house almost tripled in value from £760 to £1800 between 1948 and 1954. He then purchased a 2 up, 2 down for £2000, which he has lived in for the last 50+ years. it is now worth £260K. He is safe from a HPC! Although having survived the war to live to 91 he was telling me how no-one these days can be poor like he was as a child - one of 7 children and a father who couldn't work) so our generation doesn't really have anything to fear if the economy turns nasty

I bought my first house in balham in 84 for £44K, got £168K for in in 91. mind you it took 18 months to sell.

Chas

In the old days 'poor' meant having no money to buy anything. Now it means? Owing a lot of money? Was Robert Maxwell poor?