House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
laurejon

Will Gordon Brown Be Able To Claim The Prize For Providing The Nation With The 60k House ?

You may all remember that New Labour ran a competition with a Multi Million Pound prize for the company or person that could provide 60k houses to the nation.

With house prices crashing, can Gordon Brown claim that prize in the near future or are employees of the company excluded as is the case in many other competitions ?

Edited by laurejon

I've not seen the Miracle Man at any auctions yet, have you?

You may all remember that New Labour ran a competition with a Multi Million Pound prize for the company or person that could provide 60k houses to the nation.

With house prices crashing, can Gordon Brown claim that prize in the near future or are employees of the company excluded as is the case in many other competitions ?

He will, but even with a 50% crash in house prices, Brown will fail utterly in his promise to deliver "affordable" housing, as "affordable" in NuLabour speak is not the same as 'cheaper'.

Whenever Brown and the Brownies bang on about more affordable housing they are really refering to more social housing: council, housing association and government owned "shared equity" property, which will not be built in the current climate

When Caroline Flint was blathering on about how the government was determined to improve "affordability" of houses morning on the Today program, Evan Davies asked her if she then welcomed falling house prices. She dodged the question a number of times with some nonsense about how important "stability" was.

Edited by jp1

Ah, Bacup. Where the sun never sets.....You'd need to pay me at least a million to consider living there.

??? It is not in Bacup is it?? The postcode is PR7 6DX on Pear Tree Lane not a million miles from here

Multi Map

Or has Property Snake messed up :(

??? It is not in Bacup is it?? The postcode is PR7 6DX on Pear Tree Lane not a million miles from here

Multi Map

Or has Property Snake messed up :(

Britannia is EA code for Bacup and if you search on OL13, as I just did, it comes up. Being sold by Eley Long, who are a Bacup EA.

Drat, Drat and Double Drat :(

Ah, go on. You know you want to move to Bacup. If you give it a few months, it should be about 5k :lol:

Ah, go on. You know you want to move to Bacup. If you give it a few months, it should be about 5k :lol:

This time next year I will be able to buy it in a Bacup pub for £100, a pint of bitter and a bag of pork scratchings!

This time next year I will be able to buy it in a Bacup pub for £100, a pint of bitter and a bag of pork scratchings!

I remember when you could buy house down t' pub, get a half of mild and still have change from three and ninepence.......Them were t'days *wipes away tears*

My Dad always used to claim you could buy a house in Bacup for £50 in the local. Even £50 would be too much, IMO!

I remember when you could buy house down t' pub, get a half of mild and still have change from three and ninepence.......Them were t'days *wipes away tears*

My Dad always used to claim you could buy a house in Bacup for £50 in the local. Even £50 would be too much, IMO!

I am not so sure. What would the copper pipes in the place be worth? They do have running water and central heating in Bacup don't they :unsure:

I am not so sure. What would the copper pipes in the place be worth? They do have running water and central heating in Bacup don't they :unsure:

The water is most likely to be running down the walls, following the theft of the copper!

Don't let me put you off, its a grand place..... :unsure:

The water is most likely to be running down the walls, following the theft of the copper!

Don't let me put you off, its a grand place..... :unsure:

A grand you say

£1000.00

There you go, spend it wisely :lol:

I wonder when the Government will catch on to the fact that building affordable housing is a complete waste of time. Surely they've heard of the economic cycle and that after every boom there is a crash, oops, I mean correction?!

You've only got to look at the graph on our home page to see whats going to happen, perhaps we should send Gordon a link to housepricecrash.

Why don't we email Gordon Brown some historical data on the economy because he cleary doesn't know what he's doing.

I wonder when the Government will catch on to the fact that building affordable housing is a complete waste of time. Surely they've heard of the economic cycle and that after every boom there is a crash, oops, I mean correction?!

You've only got to look at the graph on our home page to see whats going to happen, perhaps we should send Gordon a link to housepricecrash.

Why don't we email Gordon Brown some historical data on the economy because he cleary doesn't know what he's doing.

The man is far too busy to be reading emails, he's working from within the system to ensure all housing costs £60k and below...by destroying the economy. :(

Well he did say that he was going to give everyone affordable housing.

everyone thought he would build more......but instead prices crashed.

presto....affordable housing achieved in typically orwellian doublespeak fashion.

Technically he didn't lie,he was just less than candid about his mechanism for achieving the specified objective.

Edited by oracle