Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
north/south divide

Bloor Homes Advert On Local Radio..

Recommended Posts

This morning whilst getting ready for work I heard an advert for Bloor homes on local radio (Severn Sound).

It went something along the lines of buy a home at 75% of the price and take 10 years to repay the other 25%.. and it may work out cheaper than the rent you pay!! It then had some comical twit pretending to be a landlord saying 'what about the rent' and the 'buyer' says 'nope, no rent to pay' and the LL replied 'my rent' and the buyer retaliated with 'not paying your rent, I am buying a house, byee'.. the LL then shouts 'but I will fix the roof and stuff'..

Basically saying that its cheaper to buy their houses than renting and all LL's don't repair stuff etc. :rolleyes:

I only caught it briefly.. hence the garbled relay of what was said.

How sad!! They are now targetting renters trying to lull them into believing that the deal they are doing is better than renting.

Edited by north/south divide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Shedfish

i stopped listening to local radio 20 years ago - i find it messes with my Wa, my Ka, and my Pah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This morning whilst getting ready for work I heard an advert for Bloor homes on local radio (Severn Sound).

It went something along the lines of buy a home at 75% of the price and take 10 years to repay the other 25%.. and it may work out cheaper than the rent you pay!! It then had some comical twit pretending to be a landlord saying 'what about the rent' and the 'buyer' says 'nope, no rent to pay' and the LL replied 'my rent' and the buyer retaliated with 'not paying your rent, I am buying a house, byee'.. the LL then shouts 'but I will fix the roof and stuff'..

Basically saying that its cheaper to buy their houses than renting and all LL's don't repair stuff etc. :rolleyes:

I only caught it briefly.. hence the garbled relay of what was said.

How sad!! They are now targetting renters trying to lull them into believing that the deal they are doing is better than renting.

I've seen newspaper ads for deals like this. Small print says you pay the remaining 25% within 10 years or when you sell, whichever is earlier.

I expect some will be daft enough to fall for it.

To paraphrase whoever it was: Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the British public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 395 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.