House Price Crash Forum
sambino

Property Pages In Local Rag

I noticed when my copy of the local rag arrived yesterday that the property section is now a lot thinner than a few months ago, several of the regular EAs who used to have pages in it seem to only advertise Fortnightly now. Is that happening in other areas ?

I noticed when my copy of the local rag arrived yesterday that the property section is now a lot thinner than a few months ago, several of the regular EAs who used to have pages in it seem to only advertise Fortnightly now. Is that happening in other areas ?

It's happening here in Milton Keynes. Some estate agents don't seem to have advertised for at least a fortnight, probably longer. The paper is about half the thickness it used to be.

A certain local free paper's property section has got so thin, it can now be inserted by machine. Unfortunately that means less money for the delivers who were in previous better times paid to insert the corpulent mass into the main section by hand prior to delivery. The drop in pay is around 20% of the round total. Credit crunch appears in unexpected places.

theres no pint advertising if no ones interested.

eas must cut costs. sorry local rags. you do nothing but write shite anyway.

Often yes, but they published my article mentioning housepricecrash.co.uk!

Awesome!

Gordon has toasted the UK single handedly.

I wouldn't imagine Gordon 'please let me say f**k on air' Ramsay would lower himself to making toast.

Edited by blankster

Same here in London. We have a property supplement with the paper each Wednesday night. My husband brought the paper home and commented on how thin it was.

Some half page advertising from developers offering discounts and other incentives on new bulds. If it wasn't for this there would be no supplement I think.

An EA that used to have several pages in the local paper now just has a banner saying "Visit our web Site"

Edited by Caramba

Yes happing here in east London, also noticed that the Evening Standard Wednesday property section has got a lot thinner, much less advertising.

Guest sillybear2
theres no pint advertising if no ones interested.

Not even half a pint?

Same here in south yorks, Some of EAs are printing lists instead of pictures of property for sale.