House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lifechooser

July Boe Base Rate Poll

I just thought I'd get this one in quickly. What do you all think?

Edit: The poll didn't appear on my first attempt.

Edited by lifechooser

Can't see it being anything other than a hold this month. Next move will be down in my opinion. I think the effect that interest rates have on inflation is now so limited the downside risk or raising rates outweighs any potential benefit. People spending power is already being squeezed without having to raise rates.

Can't see it being anything other than a hold this month. Next move will be down in my opinion. I think the effect that interest rates have on inflation is now so limited the downside risk or raising rates outweighs any potential benefit. People spending power is already being squeezed without having to raise rates.

Which means the fact the emperor has no clothes on will now be realised by one and all and the inflation genie will be out of the bottle.

Which is why they might raise. As you say the effect is limited but they might do it for effect. To try to warn people; 'We told you if you ask for high pay rises that interest rates would go up.'

hold this month then 2-3 quarter pt rises before end of year

do we need to save borrowers or stop the savers going Euro ?

rates have been too low for too long

Brown really needs it stuck right UP him

Hold.......though it doesn't seem to be priced in, Sterling is too high :blink:

So it's not just Gold that is being manipulated??

Inflation...downside risks.......prudence.....slowing economy.....what's for dinner?.........political pressure.....save my mates the bankers.......wibble......need to stop peopel giving us money we already have too much.....operation lockstep......stock market........builders are ******ed......seen to be doing something.......ring kaletsky and tell him to do us more PR.....Ed Balls?.......struggling "homeowner"........two sugars love......

CUT

Rabbits caught in headlights. Hold.

Absolutely.

Paralyzed with fear.

Sir Talbot, love the sig, but where is the Daily Express?

Shirley they must be between Fionulualalala and Stuart Law?

With fiscal prudence being paramount and taking into account inflation in food and other essentials being a tad under 20% its time to lower the interest rates to kick start the economy.

I can hear it now.

This is our very own Sept 11th, its time to lower the rates to 2%

If they don't raise them, I will look forward to seeing their justification for why they haven't. :blink:

Why won't they follow their remit and act professionally? If they can't do this, they should all be dismissed. :rolleyes:

Edited by Wait & See

If they don't raise them, I will look forward to seeing their justification for why the haven't. :blink:

Why won't they follow their remit and act professionally? If they can't do this, they should all be dismissed. :rolleyes:

Their remit is to steal from you, grant favours for political allies, fund wars and so on. They also have a load of PR gudff about acting in the public interest.

Watch what they do, ignore what they say.

If they don't raise them, I will look forward to seeing their justification for why the haven't. :blink:

There remit, asides from inflation targetting is maintaining economic stability, clearly they have failed quite miserably on both fronts.

There will be more questions from the public and media as to why they haven't cut rates to stimulate economic growth than increasing them to combat inflation. On that basis, I reckon they will cut at elast twice before they come back up again, I could well be wrong though, maybe thats just what I am hoping for as I have a tracker mortgage.

I just thought I'd get this one in quickly. What do you all think?

Edit: The poll didn't appear on my first attempt.

They stay the same this month and go up .25% next time around. That is the future.

There remit, asides from inflation targetting is maintaining economic stability, clearly they have failed quite miserably on both fronts.

There will be more questions from the public and media as to why they haven't cut rates to stimulate economic growth than increasing them to combat inflation. On that basis, I reckon they will cut at elast twice before they come back up again, I could well be wrong though, maybe thats just what I am hoping for as I have a tracker mortgage.

The trouble is though, lowering rates isn't going to stimulate economic growth. All it will achieve in doing is making that £1.50 loaf of bread £2.00. :blink:

Like everyone has said here before - they give with one hand (lower rates = cheaper? debt repayments) and take with the other (higher inflation = food & fuel etc.increasing for everyone).

It makes me fu*king sick that the only people that matter are those in massive debt.

Edited by Wait & See

Hold. No doubt in my mind.

They've remained 'vigilant' and 'wait and see' for so long, now the time has come to take action they're completely paralysed with indecision.

On a sliiightly different topic, whatever happened to remaining vigilant over inflation? Doiesn't that mean you;re watching carefully and act when the time is right? Well the time is right, inflation needs panning. Where are the BOE?

A clueless NI EA was just on BBC News, claiming that the BoE need to cut "both from our point of view and a consumer point of view." Presenter seemed equally ignorant of the most basic economics.

The lunatics are running the asylum.

Hold. I've probably missed something (quite a lot, I suspect), but Merv n' Co. haven't been beating any particular drum this month, so either they're genuinely unsure what they're going to do, or they've settled for a hold and are keeping their fingers crossed on inflation. That said, the murmurings of industrial unrest we're seeing at the moment has got to have the Wage Inflation Alert light flashing, so you never know, a quarter point risette might not be all that far fetched a proposition.

The only thing we can be sure of is Blanchflower will vote for a cut.

Edited by Moo

A clueless NI EA was just on BBC News, claiming that the BoE need to cut "both from our point of view and a consumer point of view." Presenter seemed equally ignorant of the most basic economics.

The lunatics are running the asylum.

A cut would be catastrophic mismanagement of biblical proportions. Totally short-term cretinous decision ending in an economic tsunami. They hold this month and raise next. That is the future.